Tickets home - Real Madrid - Sold out

Mr Davies
I liked your long post, and to be frank, have no problem with well-behaved fans of other teams being in the City end. If City fans buy the tickets, that 'problem' sorts itself out.
Went to PSG and have already booked the hotel and flight to Madrid. If I don't get a ticket in the City end, I will get one in the home end via a contact or an agent. Have never had trouble in any ground where I have done that. I really don't understand the fuss.
Where I think City have really messed up, is that they have not given preference, from what I can see, to the non ST holders who have been to every CL match.
They are demonstrably loyal supporters and it cant have been hard to give them a 1 hour window of preference before all the rest of the Cityzens were allowed to buy.
I would be a worried man if I was in charge of the ticketing IT because it was plainly not up to snuff.

I'm still furious. Just sent this email to the club. Probably going to get rinsed for my views on here but oh well..

For the second time this season I have been let down by the club. Having returned to the country last year I have attended as many of the home games as possible (Every home game this year so far in all competitions). Considering the lackluster sales of some matches especially mid-week games I would have thought the club would have a better reward system in place other than the points only system which we have currently. Should there not be a fairer system in place akin to most other clubs (I’ve asked other fans their clubs processes) where by ticket allocation does not only go on points but a fans attendance across that particular completion is also taken into consideration for high demand matches.

I could not get Wembley tickets for the final which upset me a little as I didn’t understand how a season ticket holder who was not on the cup scheme with no capital one attendance would be higher up the pecking order than me who has attended all capital one cup games for that last two seasons (Liverpool's none season tickets holders got tickets due to Capital One Cup attendance). It’s in the past now and I’m (almost) over it. I think a cup scheme for Citizens would be a great idea as it would increase mid-week attendance especially if we actually stood a chance of getting to a final if we progressed that far (granted we wouldn’t be at the top of ticket allocation list).

Now onto the farce of this week’s champions league ticket allocation.. What happened was truly socking and I wouldn’t like to think how many hours I’ve wasted this week on your lackluster website. Again I have attended all Champions League home games in the last two years yet somehow a season ticket holder could for one whole day purchase a second ticket for anyone they choose before I even get a look in. How is that possibly a fair allocation?

When the Citizens window finally opened at 2PM 3 days later I patiently waited in the queue and eventually got onto the website. Could I get a ticket? Not a chance though a multitude of errors, hanging pages, losing my allocation entirely for it then to miraculously return for me to then run into the rotating ring of death for another what seemed an eternity I was eventually kicked out to number 6504 in the queue. I’m sure you can you imagine how frustrating this was. By the time I got two the front I ran into the same issues until eventually the tickets were sold out.

So I’m now going to have to listen to the dulcet tones of Michal Owen and chums on BT sport rather that cheering on my team in the stadium due to the fact we can’t seem to get the website or ticket allocation correct. Do you want a full stadium full of passionate fans cheering on the team for as many home games as possible? Then may I again suggest a cup scheme for Citizens? I for one would bite your hand off and sign up for all three if only to save me having to go through the trauma of this week’s website/ticket fiasco.

Regards

I'm still furious. Just sent this email to the club. Probably going to get rinsed for my views on here but oh well..

For the second time this season I have been let down by the club. Having returned to the country last year I have attended as many of the home games as possible (Every home game this year so far in all competitions). Considering the lackluster sales of some matches especially mid-week games I would have thought the club would have a better reward system in place other than the points only system which we have currently. Should there not be a fairer system in place akin to most other clubs (I’ve asked other fans their clubs processes) where by ticket allocation does not only go on points but a fans attendance across that particular completion is also taken into consideration for high demand matches.

I could not get Wembley tickets for the final which upset me a little as I didn’t understand how a season ticket holder who was not on the cup scheme with no capital one attendance would be higher up the pecking order than me who has attended all capital one cup games for that last two seasons (Liverpool's none season tickets holders got tickets due to Capital One Cup attendance). It’s in the past now and I’m (almost) over it. I think a cup scheme for Citizens would be a great idea as it would increase mid-week attendance especially if we actually stood a chance of getting to a final if we progressed that far (granted we wouldn’t be at the top of ticket allocation list).

Now onto the farce of this week’s champions league ticket allocation.. What happened was truly socking and I wouldn’t like to think how many hours I’ve wasted this week on your lackluster website. Again I have attended all Champions League home games in the last two years yet somehow a season ticket holder could for one whole day purchase a second ticket for anyone they choose before I even get a look in. How is that possibly a fair allocation?

When the Citizens window finally opened at 2PM 3 days later I patiently waited in the queue and eventually got onto the website. Could I get a ticket? Not a chance though a multitude of errors, hanging pages, losing my allocation entirely for it then to miraculously return for me to then run into the rotating ring of death for another what seemed an eternity I was eventually kicked out to number 6504 in the queue. I’m sure you can you imagine how frustrating this was. By the time I got two the front I ran into the same issues until eventually the tickets were sold out.

So I’m now going to have to listen to the dulcet tones of Michal Owen and chums on BT sport rather that cheering on my team in the stadium due to the fact we can’t seem to get the website or ticket allocation correct. Do you want a full stadium full of passionate fans cheering on the team for as many home games as possible? Then may I again suggest a cup scheme for Citizens? I for one would bite your hand off and sign up for all three if only to save me having to go through the trauma of this week’s website/ticket fiasco.

Regards
Yes it was silly that season card holders got to buy two tickets but no way should citizens get a chance at tickets before season card holders

I've still not got the extra paper tickets I bought, I'm hoping they will arrive tomorrow as I really can't be bothered having anything more to do with the ticket office than necessary.

I feel for those that have missed out and agree that the 2 per season card holder was a bit silly from the club, but in their defence they maybe naively thought it would attract the same interest as previous ties.

I don't think a cup scheme for citizens is viable, what if every season card holder wanted to join leaving no more space or 150000 citizens wanted in or those who can't guarantee they'll make every game due to work, travel etc. Incidentally I am in the cup scheme due to hopefully having a chance at final tickets should we ever get there, despite knowing that at least 50% of the games I can't attend due to shift work (this will actually be the first) and the chances of giving away my unused ticket is slim and recouping any cost zilch.

Personally the way to go for me is to do away with all schemes, points for cash etc and solely have ticket sales done on actual loyalty points regardless of membership status (seasoncard holders would keep the slight advantage of 1000 points for commitment). That way if you go to the game you get the points and have a chance at more tickets regardless of the competition, with the addition of it being a rolling 5 years so new entrants get the chance to build points by attending the less favourable games. It is a good system done properly and not messed about with.

Regards
I agree a lot of season ticket holders don't join the cup scheme and don't go to cup competitions until it gets interesting. Season ticket holders with no purchase history in a cup competition probably shouldn't be ahead of non season ticket holders who have been to the early rounds. You can guarantee that if City make the final the same ST holders will be moaning about cup scheme members being ahead of them in queue.

Yes it was silly that season card holders got to buy two tickets but no way should citizens get a chance at tickets before season card holders
That's where I guess most season ticket holders will disagree with me.

I think all season ticket holders with the same attendance as me at a cup competition should always be ahead but season ticket holders who have not attended any games of that competition should not have priority over someone who has more attendance over a number of years of that completion. That's my view most won't agree but it works well at most other clubs and it will improve the crap mid week attendance of earlier rounds.

For me something along these lines would work:
Season Ticket holders cup scheme
Season Ticket holders 3 prior games in that cup
Citizens 10 prior games in that cup
Season Ticket Holders
Citizens 3 prior games
Citizens
Open sale

Last edited by a moderator:

I think all season ticket holders with the same attendance as me at a cup competition should always be ahead but season ticket holders who have not attended any games of that competition should not have priority over someone who has more attendance over a number of years of that completion. That's my view most won't agree but it works well at most other clubs and it will improve the crap mid week attendance of earlier rounds.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I'm a season ticket holder and can certainly see where you're coming from. There certainly should be big incentives for a season card holder but something should be done to give others some light at the end of the tunnel in terms of qualifying for tickets for big games in the cup competitions. I certainly disagree with season ticket holders being able to purchase an additional ticket ahead of Cityzens though.

For me something along these lines would work:
Season Ticket holders cup scheme
Season Ticket holders 3 prior games in that cup
Citizens 10 prior games in that cup
Season Ticket Holders
Citizens 3 prior games
Citizens
Open sale

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Well I presume you are on the season card waiting list so hopefully you won't have to worry then, it should be season card holders one ticket then citizen card holders and loyalty points

Regards

Keep you eye on the ticket page on this forum and you will snap up a spare if you are quick enough off the mark!

You can guarantee that if City make the final the same ST holders will be moaning about cup scheme members being ahead of them in queue.

I bet you would! Thinking about what's better for the whole club rather than an individual is it not better to have a fuller stadium in earlier rounds or at least give those that were there in earlier rounds a better chance of a ticket?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.