Tide is turning

flb said:
My first son is due on the 8th Jan and he already has an impressive array of City babygrows, hats etc in his wardrobe,he has a home and away vest set which look the dogs, he will be going to his first game as soon as he allowed by the missus.

As somebody has posted im a blue as was my dad and his dad was so naturally my son will be a blue aswell,i agree with de niro,its care if he dares drink out of the red trough.

Your born to be a blue, reds are manufactured,if any red has kids who turn blue its there own fault for being gloryhunting armchairs in the first place.

8th January. David Silva's birthday . . . Plus Bowie and Elvis Presley.
Just thought I'd let you know.

My mate who's a Watford fan,asked me to get his 10 year old son a City shirt whilst I was over recently.
He's tried for years to get him interested in Watford to no avail,and the lad's decided to be a blue,It's great he's seen the light but you can tell his dad's world has shrank a bit.
I honestly don't know what I'd do in the same position,De Niro's care option sounds good.

My son is 20, never been able to get him into football (I tried, but only so much you can do as a part time dad with a Kid growing up in Leeds)
Anyway, he is a 6ft 2 scream core metal guitarist now, covered in tattoos and piercings. I had given up on ever even discussing football with him. Went to his gig last week (in Leeds)and he dedicated one of their songs to City and proceeded to name most of the squad..... The crowd was going ape, booing etc, his reply, I am my own man, that is what being City is all about you mthr fck rs.

Proud as anything. Turns out he was with a bunch of his mates (mainly Utd fans) getting pissed on the 13th May, the match was on a screen, he knew I was at the match and started to stick up for City when they started taking the piss. By the end of the match he was bouncing and giving it large.

Guess everyone finds there own pathway. Next step is to take him to his first match since he was ten (he hated it but it was in 2002/2003 and a bore draw against Middlesbrough ).

If my son even mentions that lot he gets sat out for saying a naughty word ... I have even stopped my car and sat him out on a wall for repeating what someone on the radio said about that lot ... He is
4. Fair to say he hates them

Have been supporting City since 1969 Got my younger brother to support them and then my nephew as well .Now we are all in our fifties and all our chrildren have been supporting City since they were born .It's been very hard a lot of the times as we are all living in Dublin but we've seen it through and at a family gathering last week there was over 30 City supporters there

MCRJON said:
i took my son to Eastlands when he was 6 weeks old, and pretty much ever since. He is 6 and cant really remember the days of Pearce / Eriksson etc. and thinks winning is normal but that irrelavent. He was always going to be a blue.

He didnt have a choice
I didnt have a choice
My Dad didnt have a choice
and so on

spot on

i didnt realise there was another team in manchester till i was 8.
i big thanks to my dad and grandad for taking me to maine road.

A special (psychic) thanks to my great grandad for taking my grandad to hyde road and later maine road.

cant wait to take my 2 year old daughter to the Etihad.

pirate said:
MCRJON said:
i took my son to Eastlands when he was 6 weeks old, and pretty much ever since. He is 6 and cant really remember the days of Pearce / Eriksson etc. and thinks winning is normal but that irrelavent. He was always going to be a blue.

He didnt have a choice
I didnt have a choice
My Dad didnt have a choice
and so on

spot on

i didnt realise there was another team in manchester till i was 8.
i big thanks to my dad and grandad for taking me to maine road.

A special (psychic) thanks to my great grandad for taking my grandad to hyde road and later maine road.

cant wait to take my 2 year old daughter to the Etihad.

Over the years on my travels with work you would not believe the number of times i have been asked "are there 2 teams in Manchester " it hurts when it is said .
But it is all changing know .
Even know when football people on the t v refer to the rags as Manchester !!
In the Koln ( Germany) evening paper , Leverkusen 2 Manchester 0 . WOW It hurts !!
That was 11 / 12 years ago approx .
BUT IT IS CHANGING .

My 3 year old son has turned a lad in his class who's got united wallpaper, bed, curtains the lot. I'm yet to newt this boy though and welcome him to the family. His dads gutted apparently lol.

Andy Dale said:
flb said:
My first son is due on the 8th Jan and he already has an impressive array of City babygrows, hats etc in his wardrobe,he has a home and away vest set which look the dogs, he will be going to his first game as soon as he allowed by the missus.

As somebody has posted im a blue as was my dad and his dad was so naturally my son will be a blue aswell,i agree with de niro,its care if he dares drink out of the red trough.

Your born to be a blue, reds are manufactured,if any red has kids who turn blue its there own fault for being gloryhunting armchairs in the first place.

8th January. David Silva's birthday . . . Plus Bowie and Elvis Presley.
Just thought I'd let you know.

Cheers fella!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.