Tinnitus help and advice - Tinnitus Awareness Week 1-7 Feb (P 15)

did you have tinnitus before, and would you say it went away?

As far as i know, there are no reported cases of tinnitus (note rather than a temporary ringing in the ears) being 'cured'.

I'll happily beleive anything positive that gives some hope.

It's most often caused by prolonged exposure to loud sounds.

No, you misunderstood me. I had swooshing and ringing, symptoms of tinnitus, but it was just caused by wax impacting.

When I had mine sorted, the guy told me it was really common, and loads of people think they have tinnitus when they actually don't, they've just impacted wax in their ears by using ear plugs, cotton buds, earphones etc.

Then you have wax covered manky ears.

Oh dear, everyone has wax in their ears, it's a protection mechanism. If you're going to make vile accusations, at least get your fucking facts right.
;)

No, you misunderstood me. I had swooshing and ringing, symptoms of tinnitus, but it was just caused by wax impacting.

When I had mine sorted, the guy told me it was really common, and loads of people think they have tinnitus when they actually don't, they've just impacted wax in their ears by using ear plugs, cotton buds, earphones etc.

Oh dear, everyone has wax in their ears, it's a protection mechanism. If you're going to make vile accusations, at least get your fucking facts right.
;)

Yeah but you don’t let it build up uncontrollably do you, you manky get!

Yeah but you don’t let it build up uncontrollably do you, you manky get!
source.gif

No, just a regular hearing aid. I hear the tinitus when i take it out, especially if I lie with that ear up as Im as good as deaf in that one and so I dont hear much ambient noise. Trick for me is to be tired going to bed and so drop off quickly, so you dont fixate on it. I exercise a lot and have a very busy job so have no problem dropping off. On days off, keep busy so you are ready for sleep. Or drunk as fuck of course.

You can buy these machines which (using an SD card) play sounds on a loop. If you can find a sound which masks your tinnitus (white noise or sounds of the ocean for example) which is also able to help you go to sleep they can help. You can download your own sounds too. I like your solution of getting pissed - that works every time for me

Anyone had a hearing aid fitted and it’s improved it ?
Supposed to be getting mine fitted Thursday, the fact I’m posting at this time should be enough to show that it’s keeping me awake !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.