Tips and experiences with cutting back on alchohol

I smoked for 30 years. 19 months ago I decided I was stopping and have never smoked since. I need to quit alcohol. I've drank 4-8 cans of real ale every night for the last couple of years and pit 2 stone on despite running 10 miles a week. Think I will try the ketogenic diet for a few weeks. Can't quit completely. As a City fan of over 40 years I think City drove me to drink in the 80's

I smoked for 30 years. 19 months ago I decided I was stopping and have never smoked since. I need to quit alcohol. I've drank 4-8 cans of real ale every night for the last couple of years and pit 2 stone on despite running 10 miles a week. Think I will try the ketogenic diet for a few weeks. Can't quit completely. As a City fan of over 40 years I think City drove me to drink in the 80's

Real Ale in cans? Almost unheard of.

Marstons Resolution Ale =3 gms of carbs per bottle. Not bad but I needed it chilled. Worked wonder for me on Keto -obs only for a treat.
good luck

Well done on the stopping smoking, I also smoked and decided cold turkey was the best way to stop that after trying all other methods.
The weight is another factor, I'm 110kg and need to lose weight for health reasons, I think I could potentially lose a good 20kg in the next year.
"Lose pounds on the waist and save pounds in the pocket"

"As a City fan of over 40 years I think City drove me to drink" seems many of us on the same boat, will have a read about the ketogenic diet but no way I can cut meat out, more fruit and veggies is definitely the way forward. Problem is I eat/ drink everything and lots of it, a greedy hungry beast haha

First page I just tried to read up on ketogenic diet tried to charge me £29.99 for a plan, think I'll need to,check other sources

I loved Hobgoblin, or is that not considered real ale?

It used to have to be cask conditioned, but they started being able to do this in bottles too about 20 odd years ago, but not in cans. One managed it 3 years ago but very rare.

Knocked my missus up (accidentally), she had to stop drinking immediately so I joined her to try and be supportive. Have a feeling I’ll pick it back up at some point in the not too distant future XD

Not sure that’s what the op needs tho ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.