TNT Sports

I thought she was good. Said in the media thread I thought the one who did United on Tuesday (soon to be Thursdays) and us last week was excellent. Witty, knowledgeable and no agenda. Not saying much but a big upgrade in Humphries.
landscape-tablet.935.526.jpg

Reshmin Chowhury.

Usually does the Talkshite games at weekends and makes Twatterface look like an idiot on a regular basis.

They’re just the Totally football show podcast on TV.

The middle one, Julien Laurens is a PSG fan and can’t hide his partisanship for them.

They’re much better than most, but do have the propensity to be up their own arses a little bit too much at times.

They've done the BT goal show for a few years now. They just stay on to talk through the games now instead of Jake Humphrey, Wio and the gang.

Ok, thanks for that. I don’t tend to listen to that much chit chat. If I’m not going to the game I tend to just watch the game more often than not.

When I do catch a bit of chatter though, I just think it comes across as so unprofessional when pundits are using terms like “we” and “us” Don’t think you’d ever get that in cricket punditry for example. Maybe you might for an international actually. But it doesn’t seem to annoy me then.

Ok, thanks for that. I don’t tend to listen to that much chit chat. If I’m not going to the game I tend to just watch the game more often than not.

When I do catch a bit of chatter though, I just think it comes across as so unprofessional when pundits are using terms like “we” and “us” Don’t think you’d ever get that in cricket punditry for example. Maybe you might for an international actually. But it doesn’t seem to annoy me then.
I think the fundamental difference is that they don’t get carried away like most commentators and pundits do these days. It’s much more people in a pub chatting about the games.

They've remembered that less can be more, as Richie Benauld and Tony Cozier used to say.

It is creeping in in cricket though, especially in T20 games. Charles Dagnall annoys me. He tries to be David Lloyd and Andrew Flintoff combined and doesn’t manage it very well.

I think the fundamental difference is that they don’t get carried away like most commentators and pundits do these days. It’s much more people in a pub chatting about the games.

They've remembered that less can be more, as Richie Benauld and Tony Cozier used to say.

It is creeping in in cricket though, especially in T20 games. Charles Dagnall annoys me. He tries to be David Lloyd and Andrew Flintoff combined and doesn’t manage it very well.

Benaud was asked once who influenced his commentary style. He named some old guy who’s name I’ve long since forgotten and said the best advice he gave him was… Every single time you go to open your mouth, stop and ask yourself, am I about to say something that the viewers can quite clearly see for themselves? If the answer is ‘yes’, don’t bother saying it.

It’s a lesson I wish a few football pundits would take on board.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.