To All The Hughes Inners

Freestyler said:
BTH said:
How old are you!? I remember watching City home and away for quite some time in the 1980s and we didn't win a game away, anywhere; managers like John Benson, Jimmy Frizz etc. In fact we didn't win away in the First Division for several years until we beat Villa away one April Fool's Day. There was only one game when we scored more than a goal away during one season (1986/87 - a 2-2 draw at Coventry).

That was bad and I think we'd have happily settled for two defeats in four months - both away. One at the rags in very dubious circumstances and one at Spurs - both of which are grounds we seldom win at.

Yes, I accept that we have spent millions on the team, but so what? We had several million-pound players in the early '80s but it didn't make a lot of difference.

We can't even argue that it's our money any more and, besides, the money is irrelevant but certainly there are no guarantees. The money is relevant, however, to our rivals, detractors, the media, anyone who's not got any etc. etc.

If - and I do mean IF - you are too young to remember the past, at least read about it before you post FFS.

This post you have just made means nothing at all,

only lost 2 games yeh? would you of took 8 draws aswell? 8th in the league behind brum? no you wouldn't.

2 losses counts for nothing when you've not won many games, i'm 22 by the way, been going city since i was 6, wtf has the 80's got to do with it? nothing.

Something wrong if you spend 200 million and you can't get anywhere with it.

BTH YOU ARE POSTING BOLLOCKS. Yes we had several million pound players under Big Mal(2nd coming), Kevin Reeves and Steve Daley. I seem to remember that Reeves had played once for England and Daley had not played an international game. The point is Hughes has bought numerous current international players at very inflated prices and they are now playing like championship players. No other English team has done anything like this before and to compare the City team of the early 80`s to the current setup is very naive.

Bigga said:
M22_blu said:
Sacking the manager now would be stupid and naive, seasons arent decided in december, come may then I think his position would be evaluated. Even though top 6 is there target I think anything less than top 4 will cost him his job.

We've got good players so I'm still confident we can make the top 4, the lack of faith on here is strange I'm convinced a few want us to fail just so you can gloat in are failure and say I told you so

Yes. Bravo for the often churned out statement. Now then, remind me when Ramos and Big Phil were sacked from their clubs that had talented players not knowing what they were doing and what happened to those talented players when new management came in...?

Remind me again...?

Well, granted Chelsea won the FA Cup, but they also finished in their lowest poisition for 5 seasons. Tottenham lost the FL Cup they had won under Ramos and failed to get into Europe which they managed with Ramos.

No one seems to acknowledge the fact we have one of the worst defences in the league and its frightening to think where we would be without Shay. Three of these defenders were bought in by Hughes whilst the other one is totally inept at this level. As you can tell I'm not particularly happy with any of them. They look nervous with the ball and everytime a cross comes in I find myself shutting my eyes fearing the worst. (thank god for Shay).Most of our so called rivals have solid looking defences that are more than capable of keeping a clean sheet. I'll be surprised if we manage more than one for the rest of the year. It certainly won't happen on Saturday if Bent and Jones are playing. looks like we'll have to make do with the old KK philosophy you score 3 we'll score 4 to get a victory.

Don't get threads like this,

my view is simple, if I were Chairman until we cannot reasonably be said to be on target for top 6 i would keep him, that is however a non point as all that matters is what our Owners think.

They however have 100 X the information I have, they know if the players are happy, they know if there are issues in the training, they know what their real expectations are, they know what the issues are etc,

I for one trust that Khaldoon, Mansour and Marwood know what they are doing and if and when they decide that the problems are not short term and are real and if and when they have a better manager lined up then I will support their decision.

They alone will decide, they alone have access to all the facts and information, they know if it is Hughes coaching or lazy players and I for one will not get worked up either way as i will not influence it one bit and every second of anger either in or out would be time in my life thrown away.

I also (unlike many) trust our owners, they have invested 500m in the club, they want long term success and they have very smart business people and football people working for them. If and when they believe from what they hear from within the club and what they see on the pitch that change is needed then I will support the change and support the new man! Our owners know just how hard the job is just how big the change in our club needed is and they will also know if we are progressing or not.

Personally I suspect that the next 13 days will make or break Hughes and our season. We average one point a game and drop to about 11th and I suspect that our owners will react (whether that is signing someone up for June or now I don't know) if we go and win 3 of our next 4 then Hughes will be safe and will be able to further tailor his squad in Jan.

So for me I hope that we win the next 4, Hughes secures his place and we go through for a second half of the season that is good. I never wanted us to lose even when ball and clarke or even Coppell and Neal were managers and don't want us to lose now, anyone who does want us to lose now just so they can be right on hughes puts their own ego above City and that for me is not being a fan!

When will we ever learn, chopping and changing the manager has NEVER give us success, only another complete change in playing staff. The two most successful teams in the last 15 years have kept the same manager. Umm let me think what is the best way to go?

Genius!! Lets sack the manager - its proven it works!!

Freestyler said:
BTH said:
How old are you!? I remember watching City home and away for quite some time in the 1980s and we didn't win a game away, anywhere; managers like John Benson, Jimmy Frizz etc. In fact we didn't win away in the First Division for several years until we beat Villa away one April Fool's Day. There was only one game when we scored more than a goal away during one season (1986/87 - a 2-2 draw at Coventry).

That was bad and I think we'd have happily settled for two defeats in four months - both away. One at the rags in very dubious circumstances and one at Spurs - both of which are grounds we seldom win at.

Yes, I accept that we have spent millions on the team, but so what? We had several million-pound players in the early '80s but it didn't make a lot of difference.

We can't even argue that it's our money any more and, besides, the money is irrelevant but certainly there are no guarantees. The money is relevant, however, to our rivals, detractors, the media, anyone who's not got any etc. etc.

If - and I do mean IF - you are too young to remember the past, at least read about it before you post FFS.

only lost 2 games yeh? would you of took 8 draws aswell? 8th in the league behind brum? no you wouldn't.

2 losses counts for nothing when you've not won many games, i'm 22 by the way, been going city since i was 6, wtf has the 80's got to do with it? nothing.

It's simple enough really. I picked a season out of the top of my head as an example. I assume you live in land of blissful ignorance? Nothing's more relevant to a football club, its fans and who we are than the past or maybe you really do think that we've got no history and never won f*** all? But it was memorable because it was the first season I went to pretty much every game, home and away. I could have picked a better season perhaps, or could have picked quite a few that were worse, a lot worse. There've been plenty.

Anyway, the point is that that this has been one of our better seasons so far, whether you like it or not: two defeats at grounds we very rarely win at (I think I mentioned that if you care to look), only Leeds have lost less [one] and a League Cup Semi coming up.

Now I accept that we've spent a lot of money, but that doesn't guarantee us success. God only knows we've criticised everyone else over the years who's had a bit of money, usually with the line: "they've got no divine right to success," so what makes you think we're any different all of a sudden? We're not. Of course we might have more money than we could ever have wished for, but guess what? That puts the price up on each and every player we try to sign. Of course Lescott's not worth what we paid for him, any more than Santa Cruz is, or Adebayor or anyone else you care to mention, but if you want someone you either pay the price of walk away.

Now you might argue as a fair few do on here have that another manager might have done a better job; we'll never know. But I've watched City for 33 years (a third of a century, getting on for a third of the time the club's been in existence) and seen them win precisely nothing. I've also seen managers come and go with alarming regularity; I think that there may be a correlation here...

I also agree with another poster earlier this week who said on another thread that some on here expect City to win 4-0 every week and if they don't they're not happy. I'm prepared to give Mark Hughes until the end of the season at least and if we do win the League Cup then I'll settle for that for starters because it'll be the first trophy I'll ever have seen us win, and for this season at least I won't be remotely bothered about league standings, the Chumps league or anything else.

As Robert Browning said: "A minute's success pays the failure of years."

BTH said:
Freestyler said:

It's simple enough really. I picked a season out of the top of my head as an example. I assume you live in land of blissful ignorance? Nothing's more relevant to a football club, its fans and who we are than the past or maybe you really do think that we've got no history and never won f*** all? But it was memorable because it was the first season I went to pretty much every game, home and away. I could have picked a better season perhaps, or could have picked quite a few that were worse, a lot worse. There've been plenty.

Anyway, the point is that that this has been one of our better seasons so far, whether you like it or not: two defeats at grounds we very rarely win at (I think I mentioned that if you care to look), only Leeds have lost less [one] and a League Cup Semi coming up.

Now I accept that we've spent a lot of money, but that doesn't guarantee us success. God only knows we've criticised everyone else over the years who's had a bit of money, usually with the line: "they've got no divine right to success," so what makes you think we're any different all of a sudden? We're not. Of course we might have more money than we could ever have wished for, but guess what? That puts the price up on each and every player we try to sign. Of course Lescott's not worth what we paid for him, any more than Santa Cruz is, or Adebayor or anyone else you care to mention, but if you want someone you either pay the price of walk away.

Now you might argue as a fair few do on here have that another manager might have done a better job; we'll never know. But I've watched City for 33 years (a third of a century, getting on for a third of the time the club's been in existence) and seen them win precisely nothing. I've also seen managers come and go with alarming regularity; I think that there may be a correlation here...

I also agree with another poster earlier this week who said on another thread that some on here expect City to win 4-0 every week and if they don't they're not happy. I'm prepared to give Mark Hughes until the end of the season at least and if we do win the League Cup then I'll settle for that for starters because it'll be the first trophy I'll ever have seen us win, and for this season at least I won't be remotely bothered about league standings, the Chumps league or anything else.

As Robert Browning said: "A minute's success pays the failure of years."

Well said BTH. I'm a bit older than you, and lived through the success but share your views.

blue1970 said:
When will we ever learn, chopping and changing the manager has NEVER give us success, only another complete change in playing staff. The two most successful teams in the last 15 years have kept the same manager. Umm let me think what is the best way to go?

Genius!! Lets sack the manager - its proven it works!!
So in your view the ability of the manager has nothing to do with overall success, it's simply down to just keeping anyone around and that if we had kept Alan Ball(our manager 15 years ago)around we would be in the top3??

KenTheLandlord said:
Bigga said:
Yes. Bravo for the often churned out statement. Now then, remind me when Ramos and Big Phil were sacked from their clubs that had talented players not knowing what they were doing and what happened to those talented players when new management came in...?

Remind me again...?

Well, granted Chelsea won the FA Cup, but they also finished in their lowest poisition for 5 seasons. Tottenham lost the FL Cup they had won under Ramos and failed to get into Europe which they managed with Ramos.
The stupidity of the highlighted part is incredible. Harry took them over when they had 2 points FFS and they still finished higher than us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.