To All The Hughes Inners

El Boy Wonder said:
WEMBLEY76 said:
Has anyone noticed that you hardly ever see Hughes and Bowen talking to each other during a game ?

Wenger is always talking to Pat Rice,presumably to discuss changing tactics,game plan etc...

Apart from the fact that he did on numerous occasions on Wednesday. And my seat is above and behind the dugouts and they are always talking
Really I thought the layout at White Hart Lane is that above and behind the dugout is the press seats....the large black ones......I guess I must be mistaken.

de niro said:
Freestyler said:
Happy with tonight game? amazing wasn't we, can't believe how well we played, spurs keeper was MOTM.

yeh right, get your head out the clouds and look in reality hughes is useless, we played well for 10 minutes out of 90, its wank

all this bollocks about well we've only lost 2 games

whats more important, them 2 losses or the amount of wins we've had?

HUGHES OUT.

poor result poor performance, agreed.

we who support hughes are city inners, not jose inners, gus or hughes inners, just city inners.i have seen city sack managers now for almost 45 years, its done us no good.if hughes is replaced then the new man will get our support, hughes has never been given a chance by some on here, lets see if they are the same when the new guy comes in and low and behold he once drove past old trafford whilst out shopping.i dont care what the new managers history is i just want city to win something.

Would the League Cup suffice? What if we finish say 7th, but win the League Cup, would that be enough to keep Hughes his job?

"Wenger is always talking to Pat Rice,presumably to discuss changing tactics,game plan etc..."

Thats because those two have tactics and game plans and not just a magic 8 ball in the dressing room

Mike D said:
de niro said:
poor result poor performance, agreed.

we who support hughes are city inners, not jose inners, gus or hughes inners, just city inners.i have seen city sack managers now for almost 45 years, its done us no good.if hughes is replaced then the new man will get our support, hughes has never been given a chance by some on here, lets see if they are the same when the new guy comes in and low and behold he once drove past old trafford whilst out shopping.i dont care what the new managers history is i just want city to win something.

Me too but you have to admit we have a lot better chance of achieving that with a world class manager on board.

The way I see it is that our owners have entrusted Hughes with over £200 million of their hard-earned cash, and that in turn means they have a decent amount of faith in him to get things right in the medium/long term. I think it would look a bit silly if they pulled the plug on him now when he's only had 4 months to get his summer purchases to gel and play like serious top-4 contenders. By my reckoning, with that kind of financial outlay, you've got to be giving someone more than 4 months to show signs that he can mould them into a side challenging the top few places in the league. Obviously, if things start getting worse than they have been - a run of defeats as opposed to the run of draws, or another run of draws like the recent run of draws - then serious questions will need to be asked because even I accept it can't go on ad infinitum. But all is not lost yet - we still have a glorious chance over the next 8 league games to rack up a decent amount of points. Let's see what happens in the next few games - things could easily look a lot rosier by the turn of the year.

And yes, a world class manager would probably achieve more than Hughes but how many world-class managers are available at this moment in time? If we give Hughes the shove, there's little chance that Mourinho will come mid-season. And we're all aware of the situation regarding Hiddink with Abramovich. So in that sense, I'm happy to give Hughes until the end of the season and see where he gets us. This is my 20th consecutive year as a season ticket holder and in that time I've seen far more lows than highs, and not a whiff of a trophy but we've a golden chance of changing that this year. Like BTH said, things have been a hell of a lot worse in the past, and I'll be the first to admit that my expectations have risen along with most other fans but it's also good to have a sense of perspective.

DontLookBackInAnger said:
El Boy Wonder said:
Apart from the fact that he did on numerous occasions on Wednesday. And my seat is above and behind the dugouts and they are always talking
Really I thought the layout at White Hart Lane is that above and behind the dugout is the press seats....the large black ones......I guess I must be mistaken.

At COMS, head the ball son

M18CTID said:
Mike D said:
Me too but you have to admit we have a lot better chance of achieving that with a world class manager on board.

The way I see it is that our owners have entrusted Hughes with over £200 million of their hard-earned cash, and that in turn means they have a decent amount of faith in him to get things right in the medium/long term. I think it would look a bit silly if they pulled the plug on him now when he's only had 4 months to get his summer purchases to gel and play like serious top-4 contenders. By my reckoning, with that kind of financial outlay, you've got to be giving someone more than 4 months to show signs that he can mould them into a side challenging the top few places in the league. Obviously, if things start getting worse than they have been - a run of defeats as opposed to the run of draws, or another run of draws like the recent run of draws - then serious questions will need to be asked because even I accept it can't go on ad infinitum. But all is not lost yet - we still have a glorious chance over the next 8 league games to rack up a decent amount of points. Let's see what happens in the next few games - things could easily look a lot rosier by the turn of the year.

And yes, a world class manager would probably achieve more than Hughes but how many world-class managers are available at this moment in time? If we give Hughes the shove, there's little chance that Mourinho will come mid-season. And we're all aware of the situation regarding Hiddink with Abramovich. So in that sense, I'm happy to give Hughes until the end of the season and see where he gets us. This is my 20th consecutive year as a season ticket holder and in that time I've seen far more lows than highs, and not a whiff of a trophy but we've a golden chance of changing that this year. Like BTH said, things have been a hell of a lot worse in the past, and I'll be the first to admit that my expectations have risen along with most other fans but it's also good to have a sense of perspective.

He's had more than four months.

blue1970 said:
When will we ever learn, chopping and changing the manager has NEVER give us success, only another complete change in playing staff. The two most successful teams in the last 15 years have kept the same manager. Umm let me think what is the best way to go?

Genius!! Lets sack the manager - its proven it works!!
So in your view the ability of the manager has nothing to do with overall success, it's simply down to just keeping anyone around and that if we had kept Alan Ball(our manager 15 years ago)around we would be in the top3??

You might laugh at this but although I couldn't stand him and there is no way Bally would've had us amongst the top 3 teams in the country if we'd stuck with him, I think sacking him 3 games into the 96-97 season was the wrong move. Granted, he'd got us relegated, but it was the first 10 or 12 games of his reign that did for us. We were nothing short of awful in that spell, but after that we actually played some decent football and showed mid-table form over the rest of the season but ended up getting relegated by the narrowest of margins - goal difference. The start of the following season saw us beat Ipswich and lose to Bolton and Stoke but I'd have given him another 10-15 games of that season at least and then assess where we were. I honestly don't think we would've found ourselves in the third tier of English football by the end of the 97-98 season if we'd stuck with him. Remember he took over Portsmouth when they were lower than us at around the same time we sacked Frank Clark and got Joe Royle in, yet it was Pompey that stayed up and we went down.

That's not to say he was a managerial genius because he wasn't. I just think his time at City is seen as being even worse than it was because of that terrible start to the 95-96 season.

Pam said:
M18CTID said:

I'm talking 4 months with his summer purchases and after our owners stating in the summer that Hughes was to remain as manager. With that fresh vote of confidence in the summer, he isn't going to be judged on his results last season but on what his results are this season. Whoever you believe, top 4 or top 6 was the target this season and despite a mediocre run of results we're not miles adrift of either.

M18CTID said:
So in your view the ability of the manager has nothing to do with overall success, it's simply down to just keeping anyone around and that if we had kept Alan Ball(our manager 15 years ago)around we would be in the top3??

You might laugh at this but although I couldn't stand him and there is no way Bally would've had us amongst the top 3 teams in the country if we'd stuck with him, I think sacking him 3 games into the 96-97 season was the wrong move. Granted, he'd got us relegated, but it was the first 10 or 12 games of his reign that did for us. We were nothing short of awful in that spell, but after that we actually played some decent football and showed mid-table form over the rest of the season but ended up getting relegated by the narrowest of margins - goal difference. The start of the following season saw us beat Ipswich and lose to Bolton and Stoke but I'd have given him another 10-15 games of that season at least and then assess where we were. I honestly don't think we would've found ourselves in the third tier of English football by the end of the 97-98 season if we'd stuck with him. Remember he took over Portsmouth when they were lower than us at around the same time we sacked Frank Clark and got Joe Royle in, yet it was Pompey that stayed up and we went down.

That's not to say he was a managerial genius because he wasn't. I just think his time at City is seen as being even worse than it was because of that terrible start to the 95-96 season.
It wasn't the wrong move, he walked out on us.....we didn't fire him

M18CTID said:
Pam said:

Whoever you believe, top 4 or top 6 was the target this season and despite a mediocre run of results we're not miles adrift of either.

Perhaps not yet but the next three games are crucial to this, don't you think?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.