To All The Hughes Inners

If he does get replaced can we please get one in that knows how to change a game around. As I posted on a different thread Wednesday night was crying out for a tactical change after 5 minutes. Lennon was ripping the shit out out Sylvinho so what did MH do? nothing! Ok I, so thought at half time he would make the tactical switch but no..still nothing and still same result. Our slowest player head-to-head with the fastest player on the park. Only one winner all night.

I honestly thought he was going to either switch Barry to left back and tell him take him out or double up against Lennon and let him run out of the ground if he had to so long as he couldn't cut inside, but nope, nothing.

So, if our ownners are reading this. Next time we get a manager in can we please get a tactician in who will make things happen on and off the pitch, after all that is a manager's job!

I wonder if Hughes will grow some bollocks as he sees the axe being sharpened, ie. Drop Lazybayor, Kolo the clown & Robusinho!

levets said:
BTH said:
It's simple enough really. I picked a season out of the top of my head as an example. I assume you live in land of blissful ignorance? Nothing's more relevant to a football club, its fans and who we are than the past or maybe you really do think that we've got no history and never won f*** all? But it was memorable because it was the first season I went to pretty much every game, home and away. I could have picked a better season perhaps, or could have picked quite a few that were worse, a lot worse. There've been plenty.

Anyway, the point is that that this has been one of our better seasons so far, whether you like it or not: two defeats at grounds we very rarely win at (I think I mentioned that if you care to look), only Leeds have lost less [one] and a League Cup Semi coming up.

Now I accept that we've spent a lot of money, but that doesn't guarantee us success. God only knows we've criticised everyone else over the years who's had a bit of money, usually with the line: "they've got no divine right to success," so what makes you think we're any different all of a sudden? We're not. Of course we might have more money than we could ever have wished for, but guess what? That puts the price up on each and every player we try to sign. Of course Lescott's not worth what we paid for him, any more than Santa Cruz is, or Adebayor or anyone else you care to mention, but if you want someone you either pay the price of walk away.

Now you might argue as a fair few do on here have that another manager might have done a better job; we'll never know. But I've watched City for 33 years (a third of a century, getting on for a third of the time the club's been in existence) and seen them win precisely nothing. I've also seen managers come and go with alarming regularity; I think that there may be a correlation here...

I also agree with another poster earlier this week who said on another thread that some on here expect City to win 4-0 every week and if they don't they're not happy. I'm prepared to give Mark Hughes until the end of the season at least and if we do win the League Cup then I'll settle for that for starters because it'll be the first trophy I'll ever have seen us win, and for this season at least I won't be remotely bothered about league standings, the Chumps league or anything else.

As Robert Browning said: "A minute's success pays the failure of years."

Well said BTH. I'm a bit older than you, and lived through the success but share your views.

A fantastic post....

Our fans seem in some part to lack patience...i wodner if they woould have the same lack of patience with mouhrino or hiddinck????? I suspect not!!!!!!!!

Freestyler said:
Happy with tonight game? amazing wasn't we, can't believe how well we played, spurs keeper was MOTM.

yeh right, get your head out the clouds and look in reality hughes is useless, we played well for 10 minutes out of 90, its wank

all this bollocks about well we've only lost 2 games

whats more important, them 2 losses or the amount of wins we've had?

HUGHES OUT.

poor result poor performance, agreed.

we who support hughes are city inners, not jose inners, gus or hughes inners, just city inners.i have seen city sack managers now for almost 45 years, its done us no good.if hughes is replaced then the new man will get our support, hughes has never been given a chance by some on here, lets see if they are the same when the new guy comes in and low and behold he once drove past old trafford whilst out shopping.i dont care what the new managers history is i just want city to win something.

Neil McNab said:
I wonder if Hughes will grow some bollocks as he sees the axe being sharpened, ie. Drop Lazybayor, Kolo the clown & Robusinho!

Robinho did nothing wrong (at least he had a shot on target, which no one else managed.). It's not his fault he's surrounded by shit. By the way Ireland was no better so maybe he should be dropped also.

Has anyone noticed that you hardly ever see Hughes and Bowen talking to each other during a game ?

Wenger is always talking to Pat Rice,presumably to discuss changing tactics,game plan etc...

djelanomcfc said:
Neil McNab said:

Robinho did nothing wrong (at least he had a shot on target, which no one else managed.). It's not his fault he's surrounded by shit. By the way Ireland was no better so maybe he should be dropped also.

What shit is he surrounded with and just how long is that stupid excuse supposed to hold up?

de niro said:
Freestyler said:
Happy with tonight game? amazing wasn't we, can't believe how well we played, spurs keeper was MOTM.

yeh right, get your head out the clouds and look in reality hughes is useless, we played well for 10 minutes out of 90, its wank

all this bollocks about well we've only lost 2 games

whats more important, them 2 losses or the amount of wins we've had?

HUGHES OUT.

poor result poor performance, agreed.

we who support hughes are city inners, not jose inners, gus or hughes inners, just city inners.i have seen city sack managers now for almost 45 years, its done us no good.if hughes is replaced then the new man will get our support, hughes has never been given a chance by some on here, lets see if they are the same when the new guy comes in and low and behold he once drove past old trafford whilst out shopping.i dont care what the new managers history is i just want city to win something.

Me too but you have to admit we have a lot better chance of achieving that with a world class manager on board.

Pam said:
djelanomcfc said:

What shit is he surrounded with and just how long is that stupid excuse supposed to hold up?

Well practically everyone was shite the other night. All Ireland seemed to do was moan at everyone else for not passing to him then get the ball taken from him straight away if he got near it. Alot of these players are over rated and Ireland is one of them.

WEMBLEY76 said:
Has anyone noticed that you hardly ever see Hughes and Bowen talking to each other during a game ?

Wenger is always talking to Pat Rice,presumably to discuss changing tactics,game plan etc...

Apart from the fact that he did on numerous occasions on Wednesday. And my seat is above and behind the dugouts and they are always talking

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.