To those Leaving Early

Sigh said:
I lift off the throne just before I squeeze one out, so I can avoid wiping and save myself a few seconds.

Sometimes I want toast, but it takes too long, and even if you do, the time wasted in the buttering is beyond belief.

I go days without drinking a thing. The time I save I put to good use opening and closing the fridge, over and over again wondering why there is fuck all to eat.

Usually I pull out just before eruption as I get to save whole lot of mess and a good few minutes on clean-up.

Nothing I like better than a good steak, but more often than not I'll leave just as the waiter sets down the plate and says "enjoy your meal, sir"" as I need to get home for something-or-other or what-not.

I recall last year I saved myself weeks of time by booking a trip to Disney World and not even showing up to the airport! I'm a bit of a rebel like that me.
Point taken. I shall now keep my young son, way beyond his bedtime so i can clap some underpayed footballers off the pitch. They really need my adulation, what was i thinking. Get a grip, play a game at a reasonable time of day and i will stay an hour after the match, play it late and i will want to get my lad in bed before he falls asleep.

Dont sell me city square is a family thing then pamper sky with a shit kick off time not conducive to families.

allan harper said:
gingerthai said:
Why would anyone want to leave early. If i had stayed any longer clapping i would have been the last person in the stadium. I'd rather get home an hour later and see the end of the game. Especially when we have that kind of talent on display.

I'm glad you're not our driver then !

With the beer intake before games you should be really glad. ;)

talkativesprout said:
Sigh said:
I lift off the throne just before I squeeze one out, so I can avoid wiping and save myself a few seconds.

Sometimes I want toast, but it takes too long, and even if you do, the time wasted in the buttering is beyond belief.

I go days without drinking a thing. The time I save I put to good use opening and closing the fridge, over and over again wondering why there is fuck all to eat.

Usually I pull out just before eruption as I get to save whole lot of mess and a good few minutes on clean-up.

Nothing I like better than a good steak, but more often than not I'll leave just as the waiter sets down the plate and says "enjoy your meal, sir"" as I need to get home for something-or-other or what-not.

I recall last year I saved myself weeks of time by booking a trip to Disney World and not even showing up to the airport! I'm a bit of a rebel like that me.
Point taken. I shall now keep my young son, way beyond his bedtime so i can clap some underpayed footballers off the pitch. They really need my adulation, what was i thinking. Get a grip, play a game at a reasonable time of day and i will stay an hour after the match, play it late and i will want to get my lad in bed before he falls asleep.

Dont sell me city square is a family thing then pamper sky with a shit kick off time not conducive to families.[/quote]

You think City have a say in kick off times or dates they play?

allan harper said:
bluedan said:
Hate to say it but maybe this is why the scum always score late goals. Its all psychological. If we as fans dont stay to the end it shows that we dont believe we will score in the last 5 mins. What inprint does that make on the players mentality?

The game is 90mins+. would you leave a film in the last 5 mins?

No I wouldn't leave during the last 5 minutes of a film but then again I don't travel 50 miles to my nearest cinema.

So you travel 50 miles to miss a proportion of the game?

BoyBlue_1985 said:
talkativesprout said:
Sigh said:

Dont sell me city square is a family thing then pamper sky with a shit kick off time not conducive to families.[/quote]

Dates they play probably not, kick off times yes. We are kicking off at 7 arrange your scedule round that. Its Our ground, our game.

r.soleofsalford said:
shadygiz said:
if they made the car parking more user friendly with more than one exit for over 2,000 vehicles, then maybe, just maybe, we are on the right track to solving the problem

i think maybe the tram when up and running may make it easier. lets hope so.

Measures supposedly taken by the club for this season:

One key recommendation to improve the speed of exit from our official on site car parks at the end of the match is to reduce the amount of cars crossing north to south along Alan Turing Way and to reduce the conflict between cars and pedestrians at the junction of Briscoe Lane and Alan Turing Way. The first measure to be introduced relates to the exit routes from the North and East car parks.

At peaks times (immediately post match for approx. 45 minutes) all the North Car Parks (1, 2 and 3) will operate as a left turn only exit and East Car Park will operate as a right turn only exit. This measure was introduced for the Take That concerts and worked well in clearing traffic. When traffic begins to move more freely, both lanes will be made available.

A further measure piloted last season relates to the right turn lane into Briscoe Lane. Due to heavy traffic on Briscoe Lane backing up onto Alan Turing Way, the right turn lane will be closed to traffic heading north along Alan Turing Way for a short while after the final whistle.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Club-news/2011/August/Car-park-story" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Club-news/20 ... park-story</a>

Were any of these measures put in place by the club and did any of it work?

if half the stadium leave the ground 5 minutes early in every one of the 19 home games this season then that means half the people in the stadium miss out on 95 minutes of football a season.

Bargain.

talkativesprout said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:

Dates they play probably not, kick off times yes. We are kicking off at 7 arrange your scedule round that. Its Our ground, our game.

I think you sort of downplay the power SkySports have, Monday games are 8pm, thats it unless the police say it has to be earlier. City have jack all say in it. They are told and have to comply

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.