Todays attendance

dw7 said:
danburge82 said:
The amount of money we've spent does not represent the actual quality we've actually got in our squad! in reality you could slash all them transfer fees in half and then with a £100million squad and us getting to one cup semi, a possible cup quater and a possible 4th-6th place Prem Lg finish; I think that represents a spot on season for us!!

We've also had a different back four for every game in the last 2/3 months, we've had attacking players out and still mount for a good season!

crap!!!!!

we spent the money end of

it's the "end of" nowt mate! we've spent more money on our squad than Chelsea have! now you name any of our players that would get in Chelseas strongest starting 11!? NONE!! maybe Tevez at a push but even he probably wouldn't get in!

Toure £14million, pah, he's worth £5or6mill
Bridge £12mill, no he's worth £7 or 8
Lescott £24mill, he's good but prob only worth £12-14mill
De Jong £17million, he's okay but not worth that much, he's prob worth £10mill
Barry £12mill, no chance, he's worth about £7
Bellamy £14million, he's always injured and inconsistent with performances, £7mill
Adebayor £25mill, no way, he's scored a few goals but he's Torres was the same price and he's not good enough to wipe Torres' boots, £15mill

(I could be wrong with the money amounts as it's off the top of my head) and there's many more!

So how can this squad be worth what we paid for them!? I look at us as a cup semi-final, 5th-6th Prem finishing team, and Europa Lg regulars! we are not Champions Lg material and are not cup winning material and certainly nowhere near league winning material!

danburge82 said:
dw7 said:
crap!!!!!

we spent the money end of

it's the "end of" nowt mate! we've spent more money on our squad than Chelsea have! now you name any of our players that would get in Chelseas strongest starting 11!? NONE!! maybe Tevez at a push but even he probably wouldn't get in!

Bridge £12mill, no he's worth £10
Bellamy £14million, he's always injured and inconsistent with performances, £7mill
Adebayor £25mill, no way, he's scored a few goals but he's Torres was the same price and he's not good enough to wipe Torres' boots, £15mill

(I could be wrong with the money amounts as it's off the top of my head) and there's many more!

So how can this squad be worth what we paid for them!? I look at us as a cup semi-final, 5th-6th Prem finishing team, and Europa Lg regulars! we are not Champions Lg material and are not cup winning material and certainly nowhere near league winning material!

the end of is no body forced city to pay the money if they weren't getting value for money they should of walked away like what hughes and cook said they would

dw7 said:
danburge82 said:

Bridge £12mill, no he's worth £10

the end of is no body forced city to pay the money if they weren't getting value for money they should of walked away like what hughes and cook said they would

I agree with you on that!

I thought about going but then realised i live in Leeds and don't drive and it's on the telly and the way we have been playing coupled with the fact that the ground would be half empty, would seem like £70 wasted. Turns out i was right. I know this because we drew 1-1 and played like a league 1 team.

Marvin said:
projectsky4 said:
Got to say todays attendance did nothing to dampen my view on things. I've just come out of some massive debts and can finally afford things, this was my first City match that I'd actually paid for in nearly 5 years.

And you know what Sitting in block 112 row p seat 279, had a certain ring too it when It came to being in the best part of the stadium for atmosphere. When we were stood up all game, and the rest of the stadium wasn't, it felt like only the 1,500 fans of ours that were actually singing should've been the only ones too bother turn up.

Apart from that area the rest of the ground and I hate to say this, seemed like there was no atmosphere. Yes the football at times was dire, but I do dread to think what the atmosphere would've been like if we'd been playing someone like Fulham who bring no fans to any games really. Fairplay to the Stoke fans who actually made the noise today aswell, if it would'nt of been for them it would've sounded a bit like Old Trafford.

Also, it berates me that fans expect us to walk all over teams like Stoke, we all know football isn't like that, and Stoke played well today, and deserved to get the replay atleast.
We used to accuse the top 4 of arrogance and not knowing anything about football, and now some of City's fans are doing much the same. The City fans where I were sat were well up for the game mind you. And I thought we played well in the 1st half but our forward play was poor - not surprising given that we were missing Tevez and Bellamy, and Santa Cruz was returning.

I was in the area of the fans that were up for it, shame I didn't see the rest of the stadium doing the same.

projectsky4 said:
Marvin said:
We used to accuse the top 4 of arrogance and not knowing anything about football, and now some of City's fans are doing much the same. The City fans where I were sat were well up for the game mind you. And I thought we played well in the 1st half but our forward play was poor - not surprising given that we were missing Tevez and Bellamy, and Santa Cruz was returning.

I was in the area of the fans that were up for it, shame I didn't see the rest of the stadium doing the same.
I was right at from of East Stand Lower Tier. There were plenty of support, but just individual shouts and chants. You need a home end to sing together then other areas can join in

It's easy to criticize fans when an attendance isn't all it should be , but it's up to the players to put on a show for them , and they simply didn't!

Footballers will argue that they are in the 'entertainment' industry , and as such should be extremely well paid too ...... so they can't have it both ways ..... it's up to them to put on a show for the fans , and they know it too.

For supporters to come out on cold grey days , when a game is live on tv , is admirable enough ...... but when you feel like you've been short-changed by the product you've gone to see , it's really frustrating ..... no wonder the atmosphere isn't all it should be ...... a poor playing performance will rarely earn applause in any shape or form , and City supply that all too often nowadays ...... you can almost sense the 'deadbeat' mood right from the start.

If you go to a pop concert , or the theatre , you are practically guaranteed that the entertainers will give you a show , rarely do you get anything less ...... not so with football , sometimes we get nothing in return ...... and that , whichever way you look at it , comes down to the players NOT doing the job they're paid to do.

And before anyone goes on about the Stoke support ..... a lot of sides , including City , enjoy better vocal support away from home ...... and there is the small matter , that , at the end of the day , their players DIDN'T let them down!

The cost has got a lot to do with it especially for those with youngsters. For the record I was there yesterday and my costs were £27 Tickets £11.20 train fares (If I didn't have a family railcard would have been £18) £6 lunch £2 sweets £3 programme £9 food and drink at the game..

Ok I had the expense of tickets for this game (as have a season card ) but the other figures are the same most matches with the amount of home games so close together recently people cannot afford it the Mrs gave up a night out to have a kids free evening so I could.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.