Todays attendance

Oh and as for the shit club that may just be a pesonal opinion but I don't really like your club. I certainly wouldn't want to speak to your lot on a Spuds forum (posting over 50 times at that.)

Bonol said:
Firstly just why or how exactly would Harry Redknapp's personal income tax issues, have any impact whatsoever on my season ticket price for next season ???, you sound a tad thick mate, probably just another "bitter and twisted" little West Ham fan going by the last bit of your ill informed and idiotic post.

1. City are bigger than Spurs.
2. In 2 years time we will be that for above you, we will be shitting down on you.
3. Spurs fans are deluded about the size of their club, WHU,SPURS, same size.

City are bigger than Spurs, LOL based on what you fool, history trophies fan base, historical attendances thought not, try engaging your brain before posting mate it often helps.

Manchester City have like Chelsea extremely rich owners, and you might possibly go on to achieve great things, but you are talking crap by claiming that they are bigger than Spurs historically or currently.

Manchester City have won 9 trophies Tottenham Hotspur have won 17 trophies close there then LOL, Tottenham Hotspur also piss all over Manchester City in historical average attendances and also have a much bigger fan base than Manchester City hence the fact that our owners charge us up to £1675 for a season ticket knowing full well that supply and demand allows them to do so, Spurs currently have 77,000 club members and almost 25,000 fans on their season ticket waiting list, Manchester City got a crowd of just 17,000 last season for a UEFA Cup tie, Spurs on the other hand attracted a crowd of almost 20,000 for an FA Youth Cup tie, the very next day after playing a HOME premiership game v Boro.

If you insist on spouting crap pal, at least try backing it up with facts, and not just hot air

you cannot blame people watching on the tv, the entertainment is non existent, football is expensive and people want excitement and a spectacle, not 3 shots a game.

for the record i was there, and was bored shitless for about the tenth game in succession.

mcfc_die_hard said:
okay i havnt seen a thread on this so i thought i would make one.

okay today the attendance was 28 thousand something i dont know the exact amount but we can all agree this is piss poor.

Yes some people may have been priced out and some people would have had a decent excuse not to be there but im sorry there is a vast amount of people who have not turned up today because they cant be arsed which to me is out and out fucking embarassing.

I think if this game wasnt on any form of tele then we would have had about 40+ thousand there.

On a plus note i would like to say that dispite it being a pretty poor game and a poor result and the ground being fucking empty block 111-110 made some decent noise.

There was a thread called summet like "guess the attendance" for the Stoke game yest. well I guessed 27,600 (nobody agreed with me)! But my thoughts behind it were that I couldn't go as I've had one payday since Xmas+NY (get paid every 15th), I've had shit loadsa stuff to pay for (cred/store cards, car tax, 2 extra footy games where the tickets alone cost £80 never mind the booze n other stuff) n that's me then, no money left at all, I'm actually £70 over my overdraught limit! So tell me how I could afford to pay for that game!? I don't want to run up more debt as then I'll be skint in further months ahead where i'll need the money!

I think it's a bit poor to complain about the attendance when you take into account these factors! I don't even have kids but I've got mates who do and couldn't even afford to go to the United game at home because at the time of year it was at and when we NEVER usually have an extra game then and don't usually need the extra cash! are people gonna complain about that too!?

in fact that's all it's about - cash! these people with all the loyalty points aren't necessarily the most loyal fans, it's that they're lucky enough to be of the right age and in a position to afford to go to as many games as possible! I wish I was!

EssexYid said:
Bonol said:
2. In 2 years time we will be that for above you, we will be shitting down on you.

City are bigger than Spurs, LOL based on what you fool, history trophies fan base, historical attendances thought not, try engaging your brain before posting mate it often helps.

Manchester City have like Chelsea extremely rich owners, and you might possibly go on to achieve great things, but you are talking crap by claiming that they are bigger than Spurs historically or currently.

Manchester City have won 9 trophies Tottenham Hotspur have won 17 trophies close there then LOL, Tottenham Hotspur also piss all over Manchester City in historical average attendances and also have a much bigger fan base than Manchester City hence the fact that our owners charge us up to £1675 for a season ticket knowing full well that supply and demand allows them to do so, Spurs currently have 77,000 club members and almost 25,000 fans on their season ticket waiting list, Manchester City got a crowd of just 17,000 last season for a UEFA Cup tie, Spurs on the other hand attracted a crowd of almost 20,000 for an FA Youth Cup tie, the very next day after playing a HOME premiership game v Boro.

If you insist on spouting crap pal, at least try backing it up with facts, and not just hot air

considering you were on here the other week about you always filll away end in the north why did you return tickets for leeds, and then you didnt sell out your smaller allocation.

early cup games at spurs are included in the season ticket, so take your chas and dave and fuck off.

Immaculate Pasta said:
It never used to bother me but now it winds me up. Fair enough if you can't afford it or have family or work commitments but you tell me there were only 24k city fans that could make it tonight?

Time to start rewarding those who turn up for the early rounds with pirority points if we get to a final. I couldn't give a shit if someone went to Pompey for a 4pm kick off on a wednesday night in January 5 years ago when we were shit. You don't turn up and give the team the support they need to reach a major final then you don't deserve to go to the final.

and before anyone starts getting on ther high horse and starts giving me abuse, actually read what i have put.

There we go! so reward the rich n deny the poor! I've missed 3
home games in 8 years including when I was a student, one was because I was
in hospital and two because I simply couldn't afford it!

which is why I couldn't go yesterday! and I was gutted that I wasn't there! and now you want to punish me further by allowing a load of middle class fuckers to gain more loyalty points cos they drive a nicer car than me n own their own house! YOU CAN FUCK RIGHT OFF!!

EssexYid said:
Bonol said:

Fucking hell you are one boring twat.

The football has been pretty dire in the last few games, it's on TV and 5:15 kick-offs on a Saturday are an abomination.

People are voting with their feet and aren't prepared to lay out even reasonable prices to watch a team try to get and then defend a one goal lead against an average team at home.

The FA Cup has been in decline since United decided not to enter as they could earn more money going to an exhibition tournament. The fact that the FA (and big red David Davies) were complicit in this just made it worse. Since then, clubs with european money have been putting out weakened sides on the basis that if they lose, the team beating them doesn't get any credit and, if they win it's "you couldn't even beat our reserve team". And then they have the semis at Wembley to completely destroy the mystique of the twin towers etc. I earn higher than average wage but I just couldn't afford to go to Wembley twice (we should be so lucky). Throw in a lack of material gain from winning the trophy (in either cash or European terms) and the competition's finished.

As others have pointed out, the European "Champions" League should be restricted to..er...champions and the UEFA Cup should be given back its former lustre. In other words, just return things to what they were before the accountants took over. Won't happen of course, United make too much money from it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.