Todays Mirror

I agree with Richards 30 team needs top quality reinforcements in all departments. the problem is I can't see it happening in this transfer window. the 1 transfer I would make is offering £25m to Southampton for their LB Luke Shaw. we need a quality left back and we also need to bring up our home numbers to comply with UEFA requirements for the Champions League games.

Neville Kneville said:
mcfc_paul said:
Completely valid article. Garcia is terrible in almost all depts apart from heading. Dzekos time is up. No one at that level particularly in our team should struggle to control a ball and his lack off effort is embarrassing particularly when you see the effort of negredo and aguero.

Questions also are rightfully asked of pellegrini. At the mid point of the second half it was almost a farce with just Garcia in midfield. Silva nd navas on the right wing with Milner behind Nasri on the left and Dzeko and negredo up front. Leaving Garcia on and taking Milner off was shambolic when we were desperate for a midfielder to get his foot on the ball and look forward.

Some people are far too sensitive when it comes to city related media.

Pellegrini rested some key players, realised he needed to step it up, brought a couple on, overran Palace & won the game, making tactical changes along the way which fucked them up, such as Milner suddenly attacking from fullback.

Milner then got injured, & so Clichy was put at right back, in order to avoid us getting stiffd down that side, you clueless, sad excuse for a 'rational' poster.

In case you morons haven't realised, we have a bunch of players already injured & a fucking horrendous couple of months of big games coming up.

Some of you should get a fucking time machine back to 1992 where the football will be easier to understand.

What a sad life you must lead. Why you would become so angered by my post is beyond me but I'll try and explain my view anyway.

I didn't realise Milner was injured so moving cliche there was the only possible move. Resting players is obviously fine but it doesn't explain the 5 0 5 formation we were playing at a crucial time.

I don't doubt pellegrini but I think it's ridiculous that some of his decisions can't be questioned.

Calm down and go and vent your anger elsewhere.

schfc6 said:
mcfc_paul said:
Completely valid article. Garcia is terrible in almost all depts apart from heading. Dzekos time is up. No one at that level particularly in our team should struggle to control a ball and his lack off effort is embarrassing particularly when you see the effort of negredo and aguero.

Questions also are rightfully asked of pellegrini. At the mid point of the second half it was almost a farce with just Garcia in midfield. Silva nd navas on the right wing with Milner behind Nasri on the left and Dzeko and negredo up front. Leaving Garcia on and taking Milner off was shambolic when we were desperate for a midfielder to get his foot on the ball and look forward.

Questions to be asked of Pellegrini? Idiot...

Nasri went central midfield, the clue was, he kept taking the ball off Clichy in field not on the touch line like normal.
Milner got injured, he came off. Putting Milner at right back was the correct call.
While he didn't have a standard sky 442 or 4231 the system he went to was quite easy to spot. A back 4, Nasri & Garcia Central, silver central in front of them with Navas and Negredo playing wide of Dzeko.

In case you didn't notice, we won. We looked like scoring each time we attacked after we scored.

Now I agree with you, Garcia is not the answer, I'd much prefer to see Rodwell in there, but Garcia is currently the only defensive midfielder we have.

We made changes, we made changes to keep players fresh for Swansea away. If Fernandinho had continued, he would have been in no shape to play Wednesday, and may have picked up an injury.

All in all why not delightful, it was a win, Dzeko scored a vital goal, yes he was lethargic, so was Clichy, as was Silva, we had an off day two days after beating Liverpool, we won and went top of the league.

So cheer up..

I think my post has been slightly misunderstood. It was in no way meant to have a pellegrini out slant. I'm very happy with the state of things just pointing out what I saw as issues. When Nasri came on he was quite obviously not playing cm. the players naturally sorted out there positioning but at that point we had no structure whatsoever

-- Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:52 pm --

schfc6 said:
mcfc_paul said:

Questions to be asked of Pellegrini? Idiot...

Nasri went central midfield, the clue was, he kept taking the ball off Clichy in field not on the touch line like normal.
Milner got injured, he came off. Putting Milner at right back was the correct call.
While he didn't have a standard sky 442 or 4231 the system he went to was quite easy to spot. A back 4, Nasri & Garcia Central, silver central in front of them with Navas and Negredo playing wide of Dzeko.

In case you didn't notice, we won. We looked like scoring each time we attacked after we scored.

Now I agree with you, Garcia is not the answer, I'd much prefer to see Rodwell in there, but Garcia is currently the only defensive midfielder we have.

We made changes, we made changes to keep players fresh for Swansea away. If Fernandinho had continued, he would have been in no shape to play Wednesday, and may have picked up an injury.

All in all why not delightful, it was a win, Dzeko scored a vital goal, yes he was lethargic, so was Clichy, as was Silva, we had an off day two days after beating Liverpool, we won and went top of the league.

So cheer up..

I think my post has been slightly misunderstood. It was in no way meant to have a pellegrini out slant. I'm very happy with the state of things just pointing out what I saw as issues. When Nasri came on he was quite obviously not playing cm. the players naturally sorted out there positioning but at that point we had no structure whatsoever.

I'm not sure why no one is aloud to question the manager. It doesn't mean I'm doubting his position or ability.

mcfc_paul said:
Neville Kneville said:
mcfc_paul said:

Pellegrini rested some key players, realised he needed to step it up, brought a couple on, overran Palace & won the game, making tactical changes along the way which fucked them up, such as Milner suddenly attacking from fullback.

Milner then got injured, & so Clichy was put at right back, in order to avoid us getting stiffd down that side, you clueless, sad excuse for a 'rational' poster.

In case you morons haven't realised, we have a bunch of players already injured & a fucking horrendous couple of months of big games coming up.

Some of you should get a fucking time machine back to 1992 where the football will be easier to understand.

What a sad life you must lead. Why you would become so angered by my post is beyond me but I'll try and explain my view anyway.

I didn't realise Milner was injured so moving cliche there was the only possible move. Resting players is obviously fine but it doesn't explain the 5 0 5 formation we were playing at a crucial time.

I don't doubt pellegrini but I think it's ridiculous that some of his decisions can't be questioned.

Calm down and go and vent your anger elsewhere.

Jesus

Meanwhile in the same Sunday Mirror by the same journo:

"Serial winner Jose's warming to title task" and "Expectations surrounding Mourinho's return were ludicrous"

And "Moyes done Wel" and "Dynamite Dave gets it right as super sub Dan hits the winner". These in a game they were lucky to win.

Compare these with " Pellegrini has the strongest squad, biggest budget...but it's squeaky bum time already" and "Pellegrini boys ride their luck as brave Hart defies Palace".

The message is quite clear.

George Hannah said:
sh249 said:
George Hannah said:
hack's name for my list please

Not seen it, but probably Andy Dunn. Prize tit.
star of Sky & BBC TV screens and another walking Toxteth Taproom

Mouriniho said it bias commentary on the bbc theres hansen caragher lawrenson all liverpool nevelle utd we need a chelsea pundit to even it up.we also need a city one sick of the negative spin.

The first half of that was pretty tasteless, the rest was fine. It doesn't matter either way, I don't think our players are going to be worrying what the fucking Mirror are writing about them, and that's the only point of relevancy here.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.