Today's Morrissey Evening News.......

hisroyalblueness said:
The Falklands (as we call them) are 6000 miles away from the UK

What? They've moved 2000 miles closer since I last looked? Blimey.

Good for Morrisey. Not sure he'd have said owt had he been in favour of the Falklands remaining British though.

Had it been David Cameron saying something along those lines I'd have thought it mattered and was important that we knew about it. As it is ........................

The Colonel said:
Bigg Bigg Blue said:
The Smiths always have been and always will be shit.
End of.
End of? Why because you can't expand on that with any reasoned argument? Personally I think that they are one of the biggest influences on modern music. Feel free to discuss ...
Define modren music because I disagree with you.

TheMightyQuinn said:
Moz says stuff like this to wind people up and remind us he still exists. Job done.

I'll always love you Mozza, my boy, my beautiful boy.

Exactly...... he knows precisely what he is saying and who is listening and that it will get back and be reported...... (cue ''Miserable'' comments etc in the media)

hisroyalblueness said:
I'm amazed at the uneducated jingoistic ranting on this thread and I advise a bit of reading and a bit of reflection on the subject before unfounded opinions are embarrassingly posted.
The Falklands (as we call them) are 6000 miles away from the UK - they are not the Isle of Wight and have no history of British use until colonised by British military intervention (ergo stolen from the original inhabitants).
The Argentinian's have a valid claim on the islands and the only reason we keep them is to lay claim to mineral and fishing rights on the other side of the planet.
It's the British stealing from poorer nations by the use of guns and bombs as we have done for centuries - it's an appalling history that has brought no benefit to the working classes and especially not to the cannon fodder who join our armed forces with a misplaced passion to become 'heroes'.
Even at the height of the British empire we had young children working down mines and the old dying in poverty - the only benefit was, as ever, to the rich and the only benefit from our keeping the Falklands will be to the rich.
The last little campaign cost the British tax payer millions, cost both British and Argentinian families the lives of many fathers and sons and who benefited? Well Margaret Thatcher and her millionaire mates did and we . . well we just paid for it and / or died and / or lost loved ones.
And dickheads who didn't lose family or friends in the last fauklands fiasco come on here giving large from the safety of their bedrooms, not knowing the facts and never having knowingly suffered from it . . it's very sad indeed.

I'm no fan of Morrissey's but he's right.

total bollocks. and you have the front to talk about "unfounded opinions".
just who exactly were these "original inhabitants" you claim had the falklands stolen from them? the fact is that there were never any indigenous people there. britain claimed these uninhabited islands which belonged to no-one. there were no indigenous people & no other country's settlers to "steal" them from.

do you suggest that the usa should give california, nevada, arizona, new mexico & other areas back to mexico? after all the usa "stole" these territories in the mexican cession following the mexican-american war after already having annexed texas from mexico. this was after britain had claimed & settled the falklands.

Mad Eyed Screamer said:
TheMightyQuinn said:
Moz says stuff like this to wind people up and remind us he still exists. Job done.

Exactly...... he knows precisely what he is saying and who is listening and that it will get back and be reported...... (cue ''Miserable'' comments etc in the media)

It's free publicity of the best kind. He skips the NME (readership of about 34 these days) and goes straight to the tabloids, the blogs, the forums etc where his older fans are more likely to see him and remember to buy that remastered copy of Viva Hate or that new Smiths boxset (which is orgasmically beautiful).

He's been doing it since 1984, he truly is the last of the international playboys :)

TheMightyQuinn said:
Mad Eyed Screamer said:
TheMightyQuinn said:

It's free publicity of the best kind. He skips the NME (readership of about 34 these days) and goes straight to the tabloids, the blogs, the forums etc where his older fans are more likely to see him and remember to buy that remastered copy of Viva Hate or that new Smiths boxset (which is orgasmically beautiful).

He's been doing it since 1984, he truly is the last of the international playboys :)

He could always come up with some decent new songs then he wouldn't have to rely on sales of Smiths' stuff or Viva Hate. To me Morrissey has become the opposite of most things he used to represent. Only a reunion with Marr (to write new material) can save him now otherwise it is going to be endless drivel when it comes to new material and endless pub band style renditions of Smiths' songs at his gigs.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.