Todays other games

inbetween said:
The whole pace thing is a myth, we keep the ball and play slowly because against a team like Everton they rarely venture out of their own half, how else can you play? Same at QPR, they never came out their own box, it doesn't matter how fast you play when your playing an anti-football team you can't do much.

That is not entirely true, either. There are plenty of instances I can recall where I was quite literally screaming "pass the ball upfield" as an open Aguero, Dzeko, or Tevez were just standing there...

But we didn't. We passed it 10-15 times before it got near the opponents box. It may not be as often as we sometime think but it is in no way a myth.

According to Bluemoon they'd be shit without Van Persie.. last year it was Rooney, the year before that it was Rooney and the year before that it was Ronaldo. We all hate them, but to suggest they're 'shit' or a 'one man team' is so embarrassing.

This has become a match of if it happens to Jones it is a "well worked foul"--if it happens to Anichebe it is him "going down easily".

inbetween said:
The whole pace thing is a myth, we keep the ball and play slowly because against a team like Everton they rarely venture out of their own half, how else can you play? Same at QPR, they never came out their own box, it doesn't matter how fast you play when your playing an anti-football team you can't do much.
Haven't got Sky so I'm not watching (probably wouldn't have anyway) but aren't Everton playing the same way at the pit? Yet the rags get an early goal, something we very rarely manage.

SebastianBlue said:
inbetween said:
Armaan said:
They play at a fast tempo, your more likely to make mistakes against them than against our slow tippy tappy shit.

I don't see any fast tempo, it was just their defender was shite, shite marking on Giggs, shite and just more shite, yet Everton play us with 10 men in the box.

It wasa long ball in and then a scramble to get to the ball. I'd say that is a fairly quick tempo.

-- Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:18 pm --

Blue2112 said:
Are they really that good? They never look it to me yet here we go again.

They are not. Without Van Persie they would be a very average side.
No they wouldn't don't be so deluded, they've been successful for the past 20 years without him and last season they finished level on point with us with him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.