Todays Pitch Invasion. City v Swansea

Good points mate,i think we are singing from the same hymn sheet.
Pity it's stopped you going to so many games as you can't beat live action even if it is slightly sanitised.

Listen I cant claim its entirely down to the sanitised atmosphere, health and cost feature much higher in preventing me going more often, but its all together a different day out swings and round abouts spring to mind, infact forget the football which is currently beyond comprehension hence an argument that would have not been believed...ie a thread with reference two recent City titles and a third imminent, fantastic stadium, bogs that you dont risk swamping your already dog turd covered shoes in piss, the fact you can usually go to matches without fear of getting your head kicked in and much more to champion todays game with that back in the day as it were.

With all that I do maintain that pitch invasions are no longer a wise or in my much maligned view necessary thing that should happen involving our supporters. Not because its a terrible thing but because it isnt welcomed by the club and could be used against us...and will be if certain bodies are given half a chance.

Can you just imagine some comedian in UEFA coming up with some idea such as cutting our ticket allocation for the CL final were we to get there on account of recent lack of crowd control.......how do you say boo the anthem now you twats in French? And thats 10k more coorporate tickets in German!

Its why I rarely go to games and dont miss it because you can get more atmosphere in a pub and I can drain pints whilst sitting down and watching with better beer at a more reasonable price.

Fixed. :)

I get it. But that's the only choice I have save the off-year trip out to Manchester. But with all respect (I mean that) being there live will always be special to those of us who get out so infrequently. I remember most every instant of the 8 or 9 times I've been lucky enough to go -- where I sat, the pubs I went to before and after, the scores, the line-ups. Hopefully Mancs never forget how lucky they are to be able to go when they please, cost aside of course. I envy you that very much.

deniro.gif

There are some right boring people on here. A Pitch invasion is part of our tradition. It's not small time at all either. It's the fans showing some passion and excitement. I'd much rather do that then just stand there and be like Chelsea/ united fans. People saying it will ruin the celebrations ? It didn't ruin them at all last time, it actually made it more amazing.

some people seem to really care what other fans think...rather then just enjoying themselves. I hope the entire lower tier runs on.
THIS!

It was great against QPR, less so against West Ham but still understandable given we did win it on the last day of the season, this time it would just be daft. Let the players celebrate on the pitch instead of having to flee down the tunnel.

We all laughed at the wigan fans the other week for being small time tossers tbf.

Because there's a big difference in invading the pitch because you won an FA Cup round and doing it after winning the Premier League.

Because there's a big difference in invading the pitch because you won an FA Cup round and doing it after winning the Premier League.

I disagree, plenty of lower league sides when they giant kill are on the pitch, a team from the 3rd tier unexpectingly knocking out what is the best team in the uk, porbably europe if not the world at the momment could always trigger a pitch invasion.

The fact the six fingeres woolybacks acted like ****s when on there is a different matter.

This time for us an element of that relief, adrenalin fueled excitement, amazement, will be tempered If we win it with say 5 to spare and not in a tense last day result.

This will be the calmest trophy win in my life, where I am not a wreck by the end of the game with every emotion, expecting us to fuck up, so I want to let the players enjoy it as soon as the final whistle goes, as if it is before hudders game they won't get the trophy so none of the going off and having to come back on let them party straight away.

Now if we won it at goodison (unlikeley) or spurs, would we go on the pitch next home game? though the idea of invading the goodison and wembley turf appeals if honest.

Said already I don't mind an invasion, but in the scenario we are in don't see the point this time personally, and won't be going on this time, others might, up to them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.