Tom Cruise gets dumped

Kris_Musampa said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:
LongsightM13 said:
Can't believe he has been cast as Jack Reacher from the Lee Child novels for the forthcoming film of Killing Floor. A borderline dwarf with Hollywood teeth and a facelift playing the man-mountain ex-forces itinerant badass.
Almost as bad as the woeful Jason Statham being cast as Richard Stark's ruthlessly professional heist man 'Parker'. So many film adaptations of good books are ruined by bad casting.
The joke doing the rounds is that Cruise was dumped after his missus found out he had been in A Few Good Men..
I'm struggling to think of another human being, male or female, who is less how I imagined Jack Reacher would look than Tom Cruise. Seriously, Dame Judi Dench is a closer match.

Am not sure about Neeson, discussed this a few weeks ago at a barbie, and drew up a short-list:

Hugh Jackman
Liev Schreiber
Viggo Mortenson
Wild card of Clive Owen

Definitely not Tom fucking Cruise tho

Jack Reacher is meant to be 6'5? Cruise is 5'7, Mortensen 5'11, Neeson 6'4, Schreiber 6'3, Owen 6'2.

I'd just cast Fassbender, wouldn't matter if you chopped his legs off he'd still just own the character.

I was intrigued as to whom this 'Jack Reacher' was, so I looked it up, he is describe thus :-

"Jack Reacher is a former army military investigator who lives wherever he pleases. He wanders from coast to coast in the US and picks up trouble along the way. "He is a guy that men would like to be and women would like to be with,"

Is that serious or has it been taken from an outakes session of Alan Partridge's ideas for TV programmes ?

Dirty Harry said:
I was intrigued as to whom this 'Jack Reacher' was, so I looked it up, he is describe thus :-

"Jack Reacher is a former army military investigator who lives wherever he pleases. He wanders from coast to coast in the US and picks up trouble along the way. "He is a guy that men would like to be and women would like to be with,"

Is that serious or has it been taken from an outakes session of Alan Partridge's ideas for TV programmes ?
They are good books and he's a great character, but admittedly that is a really shit synopsis. Cringeworthy.

bluegorton said:
Dirty Harry said:

They are good books and he's a great character, but admittedly that is a really shit synopsis. Cringeworthy.

Cheers mate, I'm sure they are and he is, it just made me laugh (and helped me understand why GDM was particularly keen on the books and character lol ;-))

Cruise is way too clean cut for the part of Jack Reacher.

Gerard Butler fits the bill.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.