Tom Cruise gets dumped

prairiemoon said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
prairiemoon said:
You're taking my comments the wrong way.

I have no idea why you would infer allegations of sexual abuse. Maybe he was raised by an extremely homophobic father, I don't know.

because you implied that he's a closet homosexual because up to a point man on man sexual actions he thinks aren't gay, thus a possible conclusion is that he may have been abused up to a point and that that is how he justifies it to himself.

I dunno and frankly don't care, all we know is he had a difficult past but why should we know anymore than that? it's his life and too many celebrities get character assassinated to fill gossip columns.
Yes, however that is the purpose of this thread.

His first wife, Mimi Rodgers, said she divorced him because they never fucked and he refused, claiming he " needed to remain celibate" because he was "seriously thinking of becoming a monk" and " needed to preserve the purity of his instrument".

From an interview she gave to Playboy magazine. The gay "rumors" go back to the very early 80s, before he was a star.

My comments are more related to Damo's, in that I too find the guy to be a completely contrived facade uncomfortable with himself.

and attitudes were a whole lot different back then.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
buzzer1 said:
waterloo blue said:
Well it had to happen didn't it,the worlds weirdest film star has been given the Spanish archer.
Honestly the state of the twat jumping up on down on Oprah's settee,would of set alarm bells ringing in most women wouldn't it?,that and believing we're all descendants of men from flying saucers.
I doubt he'll stay single long though,always some bird with dollar signs in her eyes hoping to progress her career,yes you Nicole Kidman.
Will he be down Bredbury Halls like most recently divorced 50 odd year olds?.

Erm whats wrong with believing the above underlined comment? so do i? infact forget the descendants from Men bit, i'm talking reptillian, AND?
Prometheus has landed.

It's on Merce, it's on.

Lost Pilot said:
Dont mind him, seems like he's alright, plus he was hilarious in Tropic Thunder.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=maNEgRmS7xQ[/youtube]

Agree with you. He's ok and a good laugh. Does a few of his own stunts.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
prairiemoon said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
because you implied that he's a closet homosexual because up to a point man on man sexual actions he thinks aren't gay, thus a possible conclusion is that he may have been abused up to a point and that that is how he justifies it to himself.

I dunno and frankly don't care, all we know is he had a difficult past but why should we know anymore than that? it's his life and too many celebrities get character assassinated to fill gossip columns.
Yes, however that is the purpose of this thread.

His first wife, Mimi Rodgers, said she divorced him because they never fucked and he refused, claiming he " needed to remain celibate" because he was "seriously thinking of becoming a monk" and " needed to preserve the purity of his instrument".

From an interview she gave to Playboy magazine. The gay "rumors" go back to the very early 80s, before he was a star.

My comments are more related to Damo's, in that I too find the guy to be a completely contrived facade uncomfortable with himself.

and attitudes were a whole lot different back then.
I'm not sure if that's meant to be ironic, but I would agree that attitudes were different then. The USA was far more sexually and socially liberal at that time, pre Aids epidemic.

Seems a decent bloke if you ignore the stupid cash cult he is a member of.

The scientology bollocks seems to be the main issue between them, stupid man.

malg said:
des hardi said:
hold on i m fighting to find good cruise movies!!

interview with a vampire
born on the 4th of july

vanilla sky-which i did not like
don t even mention top gun as that was a spoof in truth!!!

people...????
He was immense in Tropic Thunder - made the film for me.
^^^This, he was brilliant.<br /><br />-- Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:06 pm --<br /><br />
City Raider said:
LongsightM13 said:
Can't believe he has been cast as Jack Reacher from the Lee Child novels for the forthcoming film of Killing Floor. A borderline dwarf with Hollywood teeth and a facelift playing the man-mountain ex-forces itinerant badass.
Almost as bad as the woeful Jason Statham being cast as Richard Stark's ruthlessly professional heist man 'Parker'. So many film adaptations of good books are ruined by bad casting.
The joke doing the rounds is that Cruise was dumped after his missus found out he had been in A Few Good Men..

yeah, last person i'd have picked - had to be someone tall - neeson?
I thought Liam Neeson too, does the action/fight scenes well and is fooking huge. Casting Cruise is a joke, didn't know that had happened.

LongsightM13 said:
Can't believe he has been cast as Jack Reacher from the Lee Child novels for the forthcoming film of Killing Floor. A borderline dwarf with Hollywood teeth and a facelift playing the man-mountain ex-forces itinerant badass.
Almost as bad as the woeful Jason Statham being cast as Richard Stark's ruthlessly professional heist man 'Parker'. So many film adaptations of good books are ruined by bad casting.
The joke doing the rounds is that Cruise was dumped after his missus found out he had been in A Few Good Men..
I'm struggling to think of another human being, male or female, who is less how I imagined Jack Reacher would look than Tom Cruise. Seriously, Dame Judi Dench is a closer match.

I'm pretty sure Cruise and mhis agent made an enormous power move in Hollywood. He isn't cast anymore, he picks the roles, buys the rights, produces the pictures...the whole shebang as I understand it. Owns the production company or something similar...

Anyway, they will make him look taller than the other actors if that's wha the role calls for.

Edited for accuracy, google tells me he sold his part of UNITED ARTISTS at the end of 2011.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.