Tommy Hutchison failed to turn up. City or his fault ??

After promoting Tommy H. and his Q & A Session at our local Branch Meeting tonight at the Mid Cheshire Meeting,we were very disappointed that Tommy sent his apologies at the last moment.
As far as we understand Tommys visit coincided with Citys FA Cup game with our opponents Arsenal tomorrow (Friday 27th Jan) where Tommy was asked to be a Guest of Honour by City.
He was delighted and therefore it was arranged that he could kill two birds with one stone and visit our Branch and then the following day move up to Manchester.
He spoke with City about selling and promoting his book and being able to sell to the fans at a reduced rate, but more so being able to talk to the City fans as a Q & A session prior to the game in one of the areas designated areas for City fans who would be either eating or drinking.
City emphatically gave him a resounding NO !! He was still welcome but would NOT be able to sell his book.
City did say that they would cover the costs of the two nights in hotel/s but Tommy declined as he felt that as an ex City player he deserved some sort of thank you from the Club.
Our Branch Members were very unhappy not at Tommys non appearance,and fully understood why Tommy took that decision, but once again the Club showing its lack of gratitude to some of its former Players.
IMO a very poor showing from City and I have always sat on the fence with regard to the way in which City show more consideration to the Corporate side of the business than the every day Blue fan who travels all over the country.
City get your fucking house in order and start looking after the "bog standard" fan for a change !!!!
Sounds like a bit of an own goal by the club (pun intended!)

Yeah, don't see why they should be bothered by this. Would like to at least hear a good reason for it.

I’ve no idea how these things work. But from the description the supporters club guy gave it sounded like the club invited him, offered him a bit of freebie and in return expected him to mingle with the fans and have a bit of chit chat and stuff. And Tommy was happy with the freebie bit but wanted to sit at table flogging his book.

Which I'd basically what ex players do with a book.

We all know celebs go on shows to promote stuff, it will be contractual and suit both parties.
This is not the case with TH, I think he got greedy instead of accepting the invites, self promotion would have done loads more for him than a few direct cash sales!
If you think players (or any authors) make a load of money from writing books then you are mistaken. Sure JK Rowling does but I doubt Tommy's book had more than 5,000 printed. He'd have received a small amount as an advance and is probably on 10% of sales.
No idea how much the book is but say £15. So he'd get £1.50 per copy sold (and that's assuming the amount he received as an advance has been met).
So even if he sold 100 copies on the day that's £150. Hardly greedy as some have said.

If you think players (or any authors) make a load of money from writing books then you are mistaken. Sure JK Rowling does but I doubt Tommy's book had more than 5,000 printed. He'd have received a small amount as an advance and is probably on 10% of sales.
No idea how much the book is but say £15. So he'd get £1.50 per copy sold (and that's assuming the amount he received as an advance has been met).
So even if he sold 100 copies on the day that's £150. Hardly greedy as some have said.

Told ya @Eccles Blue ... dull as ditch water! :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.