Tommy Hutchison failed to turn up. City or his fault ??

Petty from City, I doubt he would have made more than £50 on the night.

Certainly less than the cost of two nights in the hotel.

Probably more the principle from Tommy.
I'm not sure what difference it makes to City whether he was flogging his book or not. Very weird decision, especially as I was under the impression that we do a good job in looking after our former players.

Before my time but didn’t he play for us for like one season and lose us a cup final?

Sounds like less of a book a more a single side of A4 in size 16 font.
Played 2 less games for us than Andy Morrison, yet Morrison is seen as a club legend. Understandable as he took the team by the scruff of the neck and helped get us out of the 3rd tier, but Tommy Hutch arguably had a similar impact when he signed for us

Petty from City, I doubt he would have made more than £50 on the night.

Certainly less than the cost of two nights in the hotel.

Probably more the principle from Tommy.
Given that the OP suggests he only cancelled yesterday, does that mean he's asking for a Q&A and book selling session a couple of days before a match?

Might just be logistics - or something as simple as people who've paid a lot more than £50 for hospitality expecting an ex-pro to be chatting at tables, not expecting a Q&A and a book signing.

I’m not clear on this…but still got Long Covid brain:-)

So he could have gone to your branch meeting last night to talk to you all do a Q & A but NOT sell his book.
Then he could go to the match tonight as a Guest of Honour and sell his book.

Basically you are asking why he can’t sell books at both? Fair enough but also why can’t he come to yours and say well sorry I haven’t got the book with me but you can get it at W.H.Smith/Waterstones/Amazon etc and I’ll talk to you and you can ask questions?
Or am I being too simplistic?
Will he be selling 100s at the match tonight? Will he be doing a Q & A as a ‘payment’ for being Guest of Honour?

Confused of Eccles.com
As I said its a long trek from Scotland to Mid Cheshire for one night.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.