Tommy Hutchison failed to turn up. City or his fault ??

If you think players (or any authors) make a load of money from writing books then you are mistaken. Sure JK Rowling does but I doubt Tommy's book had more than 5,000 printed. He'd have received a small amount as an advance and is probably on 10% of sales.
No idea how much the book is but say £15. So he'd get £1.50 per copy sold (and that's assuming the amount he received as an advance has been met).
So even if he sold 100 copies on the day that's £150. Hardly greedy as some have said.
He would be selling it so taking the retailers cut which will be closer to 50% if he has a good deal.

Are you refering that comment to me ?
Not at all mate. It was simply an attempt to pour a little oil on troubled waters, particularly given some of the more abusive comments posted by others aimed at a former player. Apologies if I gave that impression.

It sounded like from your original post that he was coming to your Supporter's club do and then the club offered him the opportunity to do something else while there. If so, then he could still have come down.

You also mentioned the club offered to put him up in a hotel for a couple of nights and he could have promoted his book there (just not sold it). If the club has allowed other former players to do it, I doubt they would have refused him the same option and there is probably more to it.

Perhaps the club just expected him to interact and mingle with the fans, rather than just trying to sell his book. Maybe he just didn't fancy it in the end and was looking for an excuse.

We don't know the full story, from both sides, so we aren't really in a position to judge fairly.
Thats a fair comment but Tommy did speak directly to our Branch Secretary to explain his reasons.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.