Tommy Hutchison failed to turn up. City or his fault ??

Surely he wouldn't be flogging a £15 book and making £1.50 ??
He would get the royalty if someone else sold it, as the retailer himself as I said earlier, he would get the retailers mark up and the royalty.

The fact he is the retailer as well has been missed by the usual lot. They normally give a decent discount too at the Supporters' Branches. £18 book for £15 as a special offer, and they are normally hard backs.

Sounds like he missed out an a good experience, all on the clubs dime. I would guess having someone set up a commercial activity in a fans area would pose all sorts of questions like would he be blocking a passage way or getting in people’s way, how would punters pay for the book, cash in hand, would that be legal? All sounds a bit Del Boy Trotter to me, not surprised the club said no. And before “yeah well they did it for” etc I guess either they got stung or they decided the player in question was more worthy of the effort.

So he was coming to your branch meeting just to sell his book and pocket all the takings! It's a supporters club meeting not a book signing.
Then wanted to sell more at the match, ffs.

Sounds a bit Alan Partridge to me.

Don't blame the Club for doing what they did whatever the reason.

City putting him up, guest of the Club and a chance to promote his book should have been more than enough, he wanted to flog some copies as well on the side!
This for me ( cake and eat it ) it may make you feel sad ,but life’s like that sometimes.

Sounds like he missed out an a good experience, all on the clubs dime. I would guess having someone set up a commercial activity in a fans area would pose all sorts of questions like would he be blocking a passage way or getting in people’s way, how would punters pay for the book, cash in hand, would that be legal? All sounds a bit Del Boy Trotter to me, not surprised the club said no. And before “yeah well they did it for” etc I guess either they got stung or they decided the player in question was more worthy of the effort.
Eh?

Unless I've misunderstood he wanted to sell his book in the back room of a pub.

I've just reread it and it sounds like he wanted to sell his book in the stadium. That's a different ball game I suspect.

Why does the club owe former players anything.
They were paid for the services provided at the time.
You’re right they don’t owe him anything. But it would be nice of the club to show a little more consideration. Tommy wasn’t paid the life changing amounts that modern players earn.
I’m an old git - funny, I can remember every game of the 81cup run ( and league cup also) but if you ask me to recall the 2011 matches I can only remember the semi and final.

We got him at the arse end of his career although he went on and played into his 40's.
We didn't see the best of him but he was a superb player for Coventry.
Met him a few times when he lived in South Wales, he seemed like a really good guy

So he was coming to your branch meeting just to sell his book and pocket all the takings! It's a supporters club meeting not a book signing.
Then wanted to sell more at the match, ffs.

Sounds a bit Alan Partridge to me.

Don't blame the Club for doing what they did whatever the reason.

City putting him up, guest of the Club and a chance to promote his book should have been more than enough, he wanted to flog some copies as well on the side!
What's the book called? "Tommy Hutchison plays Monkey Tennis"?

Last edited:
That's a good point you make re payment. Given that the entire campus is cashless I wonder how they would accommodate this type of book selling ? I cant envisage an ex-pro like Tommy Hutch carrying a card machine around with him. Perhaps the reason City said No is because its too much faff to accommodate third party transactions like this on the club system.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.