Tommy Hutchison failed to turn up. City or his fault ??

You’re right they don’t owe him anything. But it would be nice of the club to show a little more consideration. Tommy wasn’t paid the life changing amounts that modern players earn.
I’m an old git - funny, I can remember every game of the 81cup run ( and league cup also) but if you ask me to recall the 2011 matches I can only remember the semi and final.
Don't worry about it. It's called Degenerative FOC Syndrome. I've got it too. I went to every match of the two 1980-81 cup runs and like you I can remember them all very well, but apart from the semi final and final 2011 is a blank. :-)

If you think players (or any authors) make a load of money from writing books then you are mistaken. Sure JK Rowling does but I doubt Tommy's book had more than 5,000 printed. He'd have received a small amount as an advance and is probably on 10% of sales.
No idea how much the book is but say £15. So he'd get £1.50 per copy sold (and that's assuming the amount he received as an advance has been met).
So even if he sold 100 copies on the day that's £150. Hardly greedy as some have said.
Which makes it worse
Sounds like he missed out an a good experience, all on the clubs dime. I would guess having someone set up a commercial activity in a fans area would pose all sorts of questions like would he be blocking a passage way or getting in people’s way, how would punters pay for the book, cash in hand, would that be legal? All sounds a bit Del Boy Trotter to me, not surprised the club said no. And before “yeah well they did it for” etc I guess either they got stung or they decided the player in question was more worthy of the effort.
Great points, you can't even buy a Mars Bar with cash in the stadium.

He has been an idiot.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.