Toni Kroos

Yeah that's a good point, it certainly looks like we are putting the foundations in place for the future with the signing of Zinchenko and several others that we are being linked with.

I just have a feeling that we will be going all out. From The interview with Khaldoon it was clear that they were disappointed with how City approached the Champions League semi final, the second leg in particular. The Champions League will remain a big focus for us and now we have Guardiola I expect that target will be of more significance than before.

It will be interesting to see who comes in before the end of the season, as well as who leaves.

But perhaps they consider Gabriel Jesus, Gundogan, Nolito & Stones with possibly Sané & a big name IF available, as 'going all out' in this window ?

If someone like Kroos comes, we have to get 4 players out to accomodate just the new 'senior' players coming in. People talking about just not registering players to play if we can't offload them, well I'm no fan of Kolarov for example, but he's a title winner who has been here some years & I would never treat him like that. It was very bad we did it with Zucculini imo.

As it stands, we can add Jesus, Sané, Zinchenko, Moreno to the Premier League squad if we want, & play them as U21s so we only have to shift out senior players to fit in Gundogan & Nolito so far, then one more has to go out if Stones comes.

If we want the kids to play in the Champs Lg, we just drop 4 of the older players from the squad, like we did Nasri last season. Still they are all registered for the Prem & the cups.

This time next year, some of those older players will be out of contract or in their last year, so much easier to shift out, if we can't do it now.

I think we have a really nice balance if Stones & the S American kids come, even moreso with Sané. These kids are actually 'big' signings I recon.

But perhaps they consider Gabriel Jesus, Gundogan, Nolito & Stones with possibly Sané & a big name IF available, as 'going all out' in this window ?

If someone like Kroos comes, we have to get 4 players out to accomodate just the new 'senior' players coming in. People talking about just not registering players to play if we can't offload them, well I'm no fan of Kolarov for example, but he's a title winner who has been here some years & I would never treat him like that. It was very bad we did it with Zucculini imo.

As it stands, we can add Jesus, Sané, Zinchenko, Moreno to the Premier League squad if we want, & play them as U21s so we only have to shift out senior players to fit in Gundogan & Nolito so far, then one more has to go out if Stones comes.

If we want the kids to play in the Champs Lg, we just drop 4 of the older players from the squad, like we did Nasri last season. Still they are all registered for the Prem & the cups.

This time next year, some of those older players will be out of contract or in their last year, so much easier to shift out, if we can't do it now.

I think we have a really nice balance if Stones & the S American kids come, even moreso with Sané. These kids are actually 'big' signings I recon.

I get where you're coming from, but personally I don't think that would be enough to challenge for the champions league. We'd be right up there for the Premier League but I don't see those players giving us enough to have the edge over Real, Barca etc. In a few years maybe, but the likelihood is we will only have Pep for 3. Can we really afford to wait for those players to fulfil their potential?

Whoever Pep brings in it will be for a reason and I'm sure they will strengthen us. I think Nolito is going to be a great signing for us, especially at that price, Gundogan as well. I'm not saying it all has to be about bringing in big name players, but personally I would be surprised if we don't sign at least one of Kroos, Bonucci or someone of that ilk to give us that edge in the interim. Pep will be judged on how many trophies he wins and established players make that more likely especially in his first season. Those deals also take longer to get over the line. Guess we'll have to see what happens from now until the window shuts.

Again, we should trust Pep's judgement here. He's won the odd trophy, CL included, in his time and though he's building for the long term won't neglect this year either.

Anyway, panic buying with a win now, consequences later attitude is United's shtick. Let's be patient and see how things okay out, plenty of transfer window to go.

Can anyone offer a single justifiable reason why kroos would ditch RM to come here? It's ridiculous.

Can anyone offer a single justifiable reason why kroos would ditch RM to come here? It's ridiculous.

He's been a Curly Watts fan all his live. Growing up in Germany a young Toni Kroos would watch on in awe as Curly Watts and his trusted sidekick "Spider" would do nothing but drink the same pint for 10 hours. They don't do soaps like Corro in Germany.

I get where you're coming from, but personally I don't think that would be enough to challenge for the champions league. We'd be right up there for the Premier League but I don't see those players giving us enough to have the edge over Real, Barca etc. In a few years maybe, but the likelihood is we will only have Pep for 3. Can we really afford to wait for those players to fulfil their potential?

Whoever Pep brings in it will be for a reason and I'm sure they will strengthen us. I think Nolito is going to be a great signing for us, especially at that price, Gundogan as well. I'm not saying it all has to be about bringing in big name players, but personally I would be surprised if we don't sign at least one of Kroos, Bonucci or someone of that ilk to give us that edge in the interim. Pep will be judged on how many trophies he wins and established players make that more likely especially in his first season. Those deals also take longer to get over the line. Guess we'll have to see what happens from now until the window shuts.

Personally I see it as unrealistic to expect us to suddenly overhaul Barca & Real Madrid. It could happen, but imo that would be a bonus rather than an expectation.

If Pep had a full pre season & there were a couple of huge players available to bring in I could imagine it, but even then, it's such a big change for the whole team, I'm expecting a transitional period & I get the impression that's actually the plan.

I also think Pep is here for more than 3 years unless it goes tits up. I didn't before he arrived, I was pretty convinced it would be 3, but ti all points to more & I think this plan is to stabilise the club for the future as well as the short term trophy hunt.

I agree about Nolito btw. If you compare the highlights of his performances on youtube for example, to the best of Sané, he is absolutely miles ahead. People are dismissing him as a squad player & Sané as the 'star'. Nolito is currently way ahead of him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.