Toni Kroos

And that's after two weeks!!!

If we have 99% possession he wont have to track back! Lock him up Pep. What a window this could yet still become

The closer we get to the season starting the more convinced I am that the big deals are yet to come and will happen. It's frustrating as a fan, you'd love to see the new signings join us early on and get a full pre season together. Unfortunately the bigger the transfer the more complex and time consuming they appear to be. There are factors outside our control, such as selling clubs wanting to sign replacements before letting someone go.

City have spent a few years and a lot of money to be in a position to get Guardiola to join us, I am sure we will go all out to get the players that Guardiola identifies to strengthen us. This doesn't mean that we will be ripped off though and it may take lengthy negotiations to reach an agreement with selling clubs.

The squad badly underperformed last season, everyone knows that. With a few new additions and the Pep effect I'm sure we are in for a season to remember. The early signs v Bayern were really encouraging, I'm looking forward to seeing how we do tomorrow!

Really can't see this happening tbh, Madrid don't need to sell and don't exactly need the money, he is also pretty vital to Madrid so unless they signed someone like pogba (I know he is not like for like) then I really can't see us getting him unfortunately

if City want to sign someone like Kroos, then we need pure ball winning midfielder.
at Madrid, they have Casimero, who focus solely on defend.
Kroos and Modric will dictate play, and support attacking player.
defending is not their priority.
hope City will sign Reece Oxford, he's the future.
or Stones is flexible enough to play both CB and DM.

if City want to sign someone like Kroos, then we need pure ball winning midfielder.
at Madrid, they have Casimero, who focus solely on defend.
Kroos and Modric will dictate play, and support attacking player.
defending is not their priority.
hope City will sign Reece Oxford, he's the future.
or Stones is flexible enough to play both CB and DM.

If we signed Kroos we'd play Fernando or Fernandinho behind him so that there would be cover. I'm not convinced Kroos will happen, mind.

The closer we get to the season starting the more convinced I am that the big deals are yet to come and will happen. It's frustrating as a fan, you'd love to see the new signings join us early on and get a full pre season together. Unfortunately the bigger the transfer the more complex and time consuming they appear to be. There are factors outside our control, such as selling clubs wanting to sign replacements before letting someone go.

City have spent a few years and a lot of money to be in a position to get Guardiola to join us, I am sure we will go all out to get the players that Guardiola identifies to strengthen us. This doesn't mean that we will be ripped off though and it may take lengthy negotiations to reach an agreement with selling clubs.

The squad badly underperformed last season, everyone knows that. With a few new additions and the Pep effect I'm sure we are in for a season to remember. The early signs v Bayern were really encouraging, I'm looking forward to seeing how we do tomorrow!

You may be right, & of course if the right 'big' signing was to become available there's a fair chance we would be in for him.

But the evidence suggests to me that Pep has been given license to build a team & that's what he's doing. I don't think he is as bothered about 'big' signings as some of the fans, nor as worried about the quality of our current squad or our academy players.

I think he is trying to hoover up all the best young players & has already signed a couple of older ones to immediately improve the team short term.

I think he's looking at several transfer windows & a rebuild.

People saying Yaya is a defensive liability; go and watch the full 90minutes of the CL final and the Euros semi final. Kroos' defensive efforts can be appalling at times. He was hooked after about 70odd minutes in the CL final because Zidane had had enough of his strolling around when Atléti had the ball. And his defensive efforts for some of France's attacks (see the second goal) was pathetic.

He seems like a bit of a fucking wimp to me n'all.

People saying Yaya is a defensive liability; go and watch the full 90minutes of the CL final and the Euros semi final. Kroos' defensive efforts can be appalling at times. He was hooked after about 70odd minutes in the CL final because Zidane had had enough of his strolling around when Atléti had the ball. And his defensive efforts for some of France's attacks (see the second goal) was pathetic.

He seems like a bit of a fucking wimp to me n'all.
You've missed out the fact Kroos was completely controlling the CL final. Atletico only got back into it after he went off

You've missed out the fact Kroos was completely controlling the CL final. Atletico only got back into it after he went off
It was mainly Modric who was controlling the CL final with help from Kroos in the first half and Atléti got back into the game from half time when they brought Carrasco on. Kroos got worse and worse as the second half progressed. Mordic was still the best player on the pitch into extra time despite Atléti playing well too.

You may be right, & of course if the right 'big' signing was to become available there's a fair chance we would be in for him.

But the evidence suggests to me that Pep has been given license to build a team & that's what he's doing. I don't think he is as bothered about 'big' signings as some of the fans, nor as worried about the quality of our current squad or our academy players.

I think he is trying to hoover up all the best young players & has already signed a couple of older ones to immediately improve the team short term.

I think he's looking at several transfer windows & a rebuild.

Yeah that's a good point, it certainly looks like we are putting the foundations in place for the future with the signing of Zinchenko and several others that we are being linked with.

I just have a feeling that we will be going all out. From The interview with Khaldoon it was clear that they were disappointed with how City approached the Champions League semi final, the second leg in particular. The Champions League will remain a big focus for us and now we have Guardiola I expect that target will be of more significance than before.

It will be interesting to see who comes in before the end of the season, as well as who leaves.

So Gazetta suggested that Juve offered Real Pogba in exchange for money plus Kroos and Madrid said no.

It could be that Kroos didn't actually want a move to Turin anyway and it sounds dubious anyway given Juve's current wage structure, but it does kind of make me wonder if Real aren't determined to hold onto him.

Still, it sounds like he kinda wants to come here, so there's that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.