Toni Kroos

I'm thinking 'grounds covered' is a bit of a misleading statistic. You can cover a lot of grounds yet be horrible defensively, and vice versa. You could run towards the opposition but not bothered to put a tackle in then it would be all for nothing.

Kroos doesn't even bother half the time if someone is running, he just lets them go.

I don't get how anyone can slag Yaya for it & then have Kroos as a replacement. Alsonso is miles better than him defensively too.

If we are talking about having a Kroos type player, then we are not picking him for his defensive qualities.

I am surprised we were not competing with Juventus for Pjanic. In today's market, his reported €32m fee seems very reasonable to me.

Unlike Pellers, I can't imagine Pep will tolerate any passengers in his team.

I think you're right there mate, the intensity of the pressing against Bayern was a million miles away from the way we played without the ball last season.

Looking forward to seeing how this develops as the season goes on.

Kroos doesn't even bother half the time if someone is running, he just lets them go.

I don't get how anyone can slag Yaya for it & then have Kroos as a replacement. Alsonso is miles better than him defensively too.

If we are talking about having a Kroos type player, then we are not picking him for his defensive qualities.

Kroos was never played as a defensive pivot by Guardiola, he was always one of the two attacking midfielders in a 4141 or next to the defensive midfielder in a 4231

So this "does he track back" argument is about as relevant to Kroos as it is for Silva or KDB

Guardiola knows exactly what he is good and bad at - if he wants him he clearly doesn't expect him to make 20 tackles a game and be a defensive rock in midfield.

Kroos was never played as a defensive pivot by Guardiola, he was always one of the two attacking midfielders in a 4141 or next to the defensive midfielder in a 4231

So this "does he track back" argument is about as relevant to Kroos as it is for Silva or KDB

Guardiola knows exactly what he is good and bad at - if he wants him he clearly doesn't expect him to make 20 tackles a game and be a defensive rock in midfield.

And Yaya the same, is my point.

If we have 99% possession he wont have to track back! Lock him up Pep. What a window this could yet still become

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.