Toni Kroos

Kroos would be fantastic signing, but if Real win the CL, will they have overhaul? If not, then I can't see Real selling Kroos.

Unless a deal is done that real get pogba and we get kroos and then maybe go for Thiago as well from Bayern?

In Pep Confidental (book on his first season at Bayern) he viewed Kroos as being the key part to his philosophy - Kroos took it all in and from the first training session he adapted to what pep wanted - he visualised everything around Kroos - he was livid when he has sold

Weird, I didn't get that out of the book. He definitely came across as a big fan of Kroos, but he seemed much more preoccupied with Lahm, Thiago, Ribery, Martinez.

Back on the subject, Pep clearly a big fan and never wanted to sell him. I'd love to have him here.

Weird I interpreted it differently - the conductor is key to the orchestra - he viewed Kroos as the conductor of the team if I remember correctly - he was key and if he came to city which I hope happens he would be the key to pep's team

Weird I interpreted it differently - the conductor is key to the orchestra - he viewed Kroos as the conductor of the team if I remember correctly - he was key and if he came to city which I hope happens he would be the key to pep's team

Yeah, that was Lahm in my reading. But to be fair he puts so much emphasis and attention into every individual. You could forgive anyone for feeling like they're at the center of Pep's universe. Kroos sounded like he was absolutely invaluable, but then how many other players could you add to that list? Pretty special trait as a coach.

What I love about Kroos is that he's one of those players who feels old (in my head) despite the fact that he's not. I just feel like he's been at the top playing a veteran's game for ages.

i haven't finished reading the full book currently making my way through it, so my opinion may change - it's almost obsessive how he deals with his players - if you are with him you are full with him and he would and he is amazing but if you are not with him you will certainly know about it - some players are about to get a cultural shock but it will be a great change - there may be some huge casualties but I believe pep will make the right decisions - I agree it does seems as if Kroos has been around forever - it would be good to see fully what he could have done at Bayern if give the time with pep

I can't see this one happening. I think Gundogan and Thiago will be our midfield signings.

Wouldn't Thiago cost a fortune due to only recently signing a new contract?

Bit of a crock too.

Might not be the wisest move to build our midfield for the longterm around two crocks.

Weird, I didn't get that out of the book. He definitely came across as a big fan of Kroos, but he seemed much more preoccupied with Lahm, Thiago, Ribery, Martinez.

Back on the subject, Pep clearly a big fan and never wanted to sell him. I'd love to have him here.

Her post is a little bit of an exaggeration. He saw Kroos as a perfect fit for his system and Kroos picked it up right away. He didn't necessarily see him as the centerpiece of the squad to build around.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.