Too many vehicles on uk roads

Not true. We could implement a one child policy and bring down total population, but yes future high quality public transport is really key.
I think we need a no child policy for two generations.

Too many vehicles caused by too many people, it's as simple as that.

And yet still our leaders seem hell bent on increasing the nation's population on a scale and level never before seen.

And yet still our leaders seem hell bent on increasing the nation's population on a scale and level never before seen.
More people, more need for goods and services, more GDP, more tax revenues!

Now, you just have to find them all jobs and keep them out of the hospitals and you’re onto something!!

I'm still waiting for the jet-powered hover boots we were promised when I was a schoolboy!
Then again, we were also assured that computers would give us all more leisure time.

The UK rate of population growth is actually slowing down, peaked in 2012. Looks like a maximum 4M more (72M population, currently just under 68M) then it starts to decrease.

More people, more need for goods and services, more GDP, more tax revenues!

Now, you just have to find them all jobs and keep them out of the hospitals and you’re onto something!!
Even if that did work in practice, which it demonstrably doesn't work in reality... what is the ultimate end point to this fallacy of never ending economic growth achieved by never ending population growth?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.