Torres 35 starts + 9 subs
Drogba 37 starts + 9 subs
Anelka 38 starts + 8 subs
Sturridge 15 starts + 18 subs
Dzeko 31 starts + 8 subs
Aguero 38 starts + 2 subs
Tevez 40 starts + 4 subs
Rooney 36 starts + 4 subs.

Not one of those had more than 40 starts.

Think we would look for someone more flexible that can play any of the front 3 places.

Van Persie would win us the league this year

When AC Milan's president was talking the other day, he mentioned that an English club was also in for T****.
Spurs and dippers can't afford him so I wonder if a swap deal with Chelsea has been quietly mooted behind the scenes?
Gives both players a fresh start and both clubs get rid of players whose moves haven't worked out, albeit for very different reasons.

Damocles said:
Would you take him for £15m-£20m in January?

Seems like a good choice for a fourth striker, he'd fit our system perfectly (and even give us extra options) and his quality is undeniable.

Any thoughts?

I doubt his quality.....................so no.<br /><br />-- Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:03 pm --<br /><br />
MadchesterCity said:
Think we would look for someone more flexible that can play any of the front 3 places.

Van Persie would win us the league this year

What a bonus - I didn't know he could play Centre Half.

LoveCity said:
The only recent examples of four genuine high quality, high maintenance forwards at a club that I can remember were:

United - Ronaldo, Rooney, Berbatov, Tevez (didn't end well with Tevez leaving)
Tevez left because the reds couldnt afford to buy him

Real - Benzema, Higuain, Ronaldo, Adebayor (but Higuain was injured and Adebayor brought in to replace him)

City - Aguero, Tevez, Dzeko, Balotelli (we all know how this turned out)
He wanted to leave last season when he was a starter

A player like Solskjaer who was mentioned is a godsend because you could bench him for 5 games and he wouldn't become unsettled.

Theres no need to bring your own spoon ;)

But they could afford to buy him and even their official site said they had bidded the same as us.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1176030/I-leaving-Old-Trafford-reveals-unhappy-Manchester-United-striker-Carlos-Tevez.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... Tevez.html</a>

"I need continuity in the team to offer my best. If this doesn't happen I believe this will be my last year."

I don't really see where the benefit would be for Chelsea.

They would take a massively embarrassing loss. If he came good, a double humiliation for Chelsea.

For us he would be a striker who can't score regularly on huge wages.

Damocles said:
Would you take him for £15m-£20m in January?

Seems like a good choice for a fourth striker, he'd fit our system perfectly (and even give us extra options) and his quality is undeniable.

Any thoughts?

Yes - If we get rid of that scrote Tevez. Think Silva & Nasri can help get him start scoring

I said in another thread that maybe our best option is to tempt Chelsea into a swap deal with Tevez and Torres.

So, yes, I would take him...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.