Torres (Merged)

Re: Torres is a done deal

So you dont need a sugar daddy just someone to buy your club, wipe away hundreds of millions of debt, invest the 80mil rafa needs to challenge for the title and build you a new stadium?

So Liverpool will have an improved season challenging for titles and we improve our squad and are still challenging for 4th again?

eljefecito1709 said:
fbloke said:
So ALL you need is your debts wiped out and a stadium to be built eh!

And of course you also need to get a buyer willing to actually pay for the club and even at the £500m mark (£300 mil below asking) that takes it to well over a £bn.

Then of course keeping the revenues flowing for 2 ore years possibly 3 whilst the new stadium is built and no CL footie means Liverpool are a steal arent they.

Oh damn we need to find £50m for the team as well.

Bugger it I will buy Everton instead.

We won't have a season as poor as this next season. Also, it's very possible so don't be so aggressive towards the idea of the club's sale. Liverpool FC is actually very profitable on a commercial scale.

You took what I said as aggressive.

I dont think you get it do you?

eljefecito1709 said:
We won't have a season as poor as this next season. Also, it's very possible so don't be so aggressive towards the idea of the club's sale. Liverpool FC is actually very profitable on a commercial scale.

It's a very real possibility that you could do even worse. Villa and ourselves will be stronger and Spurs will have CL football to attract names.

All you have is history and debt, players choose which club they sign for based on how successful they could be there, not on former glories.

Every player you go for will be tracked by other clubs and when you're on a tight budget (no CL money too) where are these 4 or 5 quality players going to come from? I can't see you getting much for your deadwood either.

Robinho's_thumb said:
eljefecito1709 said:

It's a very real possibility that you could do even worse. Villa and ourselves will be stronger and Spurs will have CL football to attract names.

All you have is history and debt, players choose which club they sign for based on how successful they could be there, not on former glories.

Every player you go for will be tracked by other clubs and when you're on a tight budget (no CL money too) where are these 4 or 5 quality players going to come from? I can't see you getting much for your deadwood either.

Spurs will have CL football will they? Can you tell me who wins the league aswell? And the lottery numbers? Maybe you know where we will finish next season aswell?

Lol

Robinho's_thumb said:
eljefecito1709 said:

Wow wow wow son, that could be us yet! ;)

I knew I would get a backlash for that. :) It's just so I can say I'm right if they get it.

My head says Spurs will get it, my heart says City will get it.

eljefecito1709 said:
fbloke said:
So ALL you need is your debts wiped out and a stadium to be built eh!

And of course you also need to get a buyer willing to actually pay for the club and even at the £500m mark (£300 mil below asking) that takes it to well over a £bn.

Then of course keeping the revenues flowing for 2 ore years possibly 3 whilst the new stadium is built and no CL footie means Liverpool are a steal arent they.

Oh damn we need to find £50m for the team as well.

Bugger it I will buy Everton instead.

Fook me!! You're absolutely right!!

I mean if YOU can see that as a polite, well rounded and intelligent Bin Dipper, how come all these bloody billionaires can't...??

Just makes you wonder, eh...

I used to consider Liverpool as kind of a second club, in the way that I'd always check how they got on. I have a few friends that are Pool fans and they're decent guys, but this contradicting clown epitimises what wankers a lot of them are.
He says "I've had more than my fair share of enjoyment, and it is not tainted in the way Chelsea's , or yours or Real Madrids etc. etc..".
How can he say they haven't bought the little success they've had since the Paisley,Dalglish era's.
Their team is litterred with foreign players that they have BOUGHT for some ridiculous prices and only have 3 "home grown" players in the 1st team excluding Johnson who they paid a crazy £18m for.
He still looks down on clubs like City,Villa,Spurs and even Everton and also reckons we are spoiling football, when many of these clubs have benefitted from City's wealth albeit charging crazy prices for their players.
We are ploughing money into the league this way and if we did sign Torres, providing Rafa or whoever with plenty of riches, I'm sure Liverpool would be a force again, so long as the money was wisely spent.....that's if the manager gets his hands on it.

All Liverpool can really hope for is that, the yanks sell up to rich Arab/Russian etc...

Perhaps the Guardian can convince our Liverpudlian cousins ?

Yet somehow it is Liverpool, living in fear neither of administration nor relegation, who most starkly express the strange paradoxes of the Premier League. Here is a giant of English football, the proud winner of 18 league championships, seven FA Cups and five European Cups, flashing its knickers by the kerbside in the hope of persuading someone to meet the imminent repayments on an injudiciously incurred £270m debt.

To make it worse, the club's shirt is being worn by a disintegrating team holding out for a sniff of glory only in a competition for Europe's also-rans, and threatened by the loss of the manager and star players this summer. If Rafael Benítez departs, either to Juventus or Real Madrid, then he may be followed out of the door by Fernando Torres and Javier Mascherano, and perhaps even by Steven Gerrard, who would surely exchange the cherished status of a one-club man for a last shot at a league title in the colours of a genuine contender.

The arrival of a certain Portuguese manager would change that situation, and much else besides. But why would José Mourinho want to join Liverpool at this stage in their history? Wherever he goes after Internazionale, he will be looking not for a glorious tradition and a huge fan-base but for the resources to enable him to continue to win trophies at his customary rate.

Short of a miracle, that will not be on offer at Anfield. Having failed to improve the club in any respect since their arrival three years ago, Tom Hicks and George Gillett recently appointed Martin Broughton, the chairman of British Airways, to spend one day a week in the same role at Liverpool, with the sole task of finding a buyer for the club, something that they and their chief executive, Christian Purslow, have failed to achieve.

In this environment, to put up a For Sale sign outside the house is to admit that no realistic buyers have emerged and that there are none on the horizon. And why should there be? It would take the owners of a bottomless purse to meet the sort of terms demanded by Hicks and Gillett, and there is only one of those, currently at the disposal of Manchester City. How clever of the rulers of Abu Dhabi to spot that they could buy a club whose new stadium has already been paid for by the people of its home city rather than having to fork out for such an expensive necessity themselves.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.