Torres (Merged)

Re: Torres is a done deal

It's amazing how quick things change isn't it?
Just months ago, just prior to the season starting, fans of the Rags and Liverpool - like their clubs - didn't give City a second thought, regardless of how much money we have... they didn't take us seriously. As the season's wore on you can chart the surge of negative feeling towards us, the more it looked like we may get the fourth spot - from press and the previously mentioned fans and clubs.
The joker posting on here is no different... by his coming on here he's contradicting his whole argument and thus making a joke of himself... if City are of no consequence, if we really do have no chance of reaching the top of the Premier League and if we really have no chance of signing Fernando Torres... then don't come on here, you shouldn't be worried... I mean, I won't be going on a Scouse forum to shout my mouth off about you having no chance of signing Tevez, purely because I know you haven't, so why do I need to bother?
I do have to pick you up on the Academy comment you passed though... could you enlighten us all on here and name all the Academy players that regularly start in your first team, or feature in the squad. Or maybe even name the ones you've brought through in say the last ten years... then we can list ours - and i'll bet you now kidder, that we more than double the number you put forward.
Also, who are these injured players you mention, as i'm struggling to think of this injury list... Royal Blue Moon has it right... Everton have had it far worse and they're right on your tail!

dario2739 said:
Just months ago, just prior to the season starting, fans of the Rags and Liverpool - like their clubs - didn't give City a second thought, regardless of how much money we have... they didn't take us seriously. As the season's wore on you can chart the surge of negative feeling towards us, the more it looked like we may get the fourth spot - from press and the previously mentioned fans and clubs.
The joker posting on here is no different... by his coming on here he's contradicting his whole argument and thus making a joke of himself... if City are of no consequence, if we really do have no chance of reaching the top of the Premier League and if we really have no chance of signing Fernando Torres... then don't come on here, you shouldn't be worried... I mean, I won't be going on a Scouse forum to shout my mouth off about you having no chance of signing Tevez, purely because I know you haven't, so why do I need to bother?
I do have to pick you up on the Academy comment you passed though... could you enlighten us all on here and name all the Academy players that regularly start in your first team, or feature in the squad. Or maybe even name the ones you've brought through in say the last ten years... then we can list ours - and i'll bet you now kidder, that we more than double the number you put forward.
Also, who are these injured players you mention, as i'm struggling to think of this injury list... Royal Blue Moon has it right... Everton have had it far worse and they're right on your tail!
Great post 100% spot on.

It Is quite an achievement for us to be thinking about taking Liverpools prized asset off them. It's even better knowing if we can get the 4th spot, that he would actually be taking a step up in going from Liverpool to City.
It's astounding how things change in football. We are now with a better chance of signing bigger and better players than Liverpool not just because we can flash more pound notes infront of their eyes. We can now sign better calibre of player on reputation. It's very harsh the Liverpool fans coming on our very own forum slating us for being arrogant when we make a Torres thread. I'd say Torres to Man City isn't impossible, so why can't we talk about the possibility of Torres joining our club.
The problem is what Liverpool fans class as small time man city a few years ago could potentially take their best player from their massssssssivvvveeee club with lots of European cups and league titles. Footballs a short career, liverpool is the past, Man City is the near future. It's not arrogant saying that, I'm just stating the facts.
Like I said, football can change quickly..

My post was the bindippers 1st post highlighting he came in peace I copied and pasted it to highlight his 1st statement st marks is a church in west gorton where the team we love started their life
FFS

IMO this will be the Kaka/Terry of this summer.

Will come really close but won't end up happening.

I don't doubt the info some people have got so far has some truth to it, things might have been agreed unofficially at some level, but I just can't see him actually coming in the end.

I've never claimed any ITK status, but just been told by someone close at the club that £40M done deal.

I know it's not a fully fleshed out ITK story but there you go.

dario2739 said:

Well done that man!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.