Torres (Merged)

Re: Torres is a done deal

The Fixer said:
Pam said:
Professional footballers do not make decisions about who to play for on the basis of who they support or who they supported as a child. Wayne Rooney would never have left Everton if that were the case. Who cares if Torres has got that tattoo. It's niether here nor there. Or are you saying that such is his commitment to the dippers, he would be prepared to go without trophies and CL football year in and year out for half the wages he could get at City.
Fuck off, I say..... and as for wealthy benefactors, they've been looking for a sugar daddy for years now. They recruited a merchant bank (Meryl Lynch, I think) last season to try and find a buyer. There were no takers because of that albatros of a stadium and the ridiculous size of their debts.

Nicky Butt has a city tatoo on his arm, and he said i'll never play for the rags...... oh wait!

-- Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:14 pm --

Ntini77 said:
11/4 favourites we are to be his club after the summer transfer window.

Not that up on odd's is that good for city?

Yeah

Pam said:
alextrueblue said:
Torres has 'you'll never walk alone' written on his arm in spanish. He has also said in numerous interviews, how much he loves liverpool and how he supported them as a kid, when all his mates were following real, athletico, barca or rags. He is also a very wealthy young man, who will not be motivated in the slightest by money. Liverpool will find a rich benefactor that is certain, it's a case of 'if' and not 'when'. OP the day he signs, i'll pick u up and take you to COMS to greet him and the beers are on me!

Professional footballers do not make decisions about who to play for on the basis of who they support or who they supported as a child. Wayne Rooney would never have left Everton if that were the case. Who cares if Torres has got that tattoo. It's niether here nor there. Or are you saying that such is his commitment to the dippers, he would be prepared to go without trophies and CL football year in and year out for half the wages he could get at City.
Fuck off, I say..... and as for wealthy benefactors, they've been looking for a sugar daddy for years now. They recruited a merchant bank (Meryl Lynch, I think) last season to try and find a buyer. There were no takers because of that albatros of a stadium and the ridiculous size of their debts.

Of course not all footballers can make those decisions, but a select few can.
would you ever see gary chuckle as a right back at liverpool or even at us? What if we offer £80m for him? The scum are in debt, so why not eh? All you have to do is look at liverpool, a team with a history of winning titles, european cups and an enormous worldwide fanbase, of course someone will take a punt on them, and for all your patronising comments about the state of liverpool, we were staring into a very deep dark abyss, not so long ago and look where we are now! AC milan were skint, we offered a gazillion for kaka and is HE in our midfield now? No! he went to a much bigger club than us for a lot less money, so people, enough of the sillyness and let's just look to the future without being arrogant, raggish twats.

alextrueblue said:
Pam said:

Of course not all footballers can make those decisions, but a select few can.
would you ever see gary chuckle as a right back at liverpool or even at us? What if we offer £80m for him? The scum are in debt, so why not eh? All you have to do is look at liverpool, a team with a history of winning titles, european cups and an enormous worldwide fanbase, of course someone will take a punt on them, and for all your patronising comments about the state of liverpool, we were staring into a very deep dark abyss, not so long ago and look where we are now! AC milan were skint, we offered a gazillion for kaka and is HE in our midfield now? No! he went to a much bigger club than us for a lot less money, so people, enough of the sillyness and let's just look to the future without being arrogant, raggish twats.

Alex you make some valid points however i get the feeling you have lickle city syndrome we should know our place type thing, just the impression off your last post.

We're a differnt animal now, ok we don't have this glittering history of Liverpool, rags etc but that don't mean we can't aim for the stars mate, we have one hell of an ambitious owner who wants the best for us, us fans can see he can deliver that in time, thats not arrogant or raggish imo.

Pam said:

Well it means they think it the most likely scenario.

I wish the naysayers would shut up now.

Odds mean nothing,we are probably favs with the bookies because they have had a bit of money put on it.Just covering there arses.
If I remember wasn't we favs with the bookies for Kaka and look what happened there.

whipper said:
Pam said:

Odds mean nothing,we are probably favs with the bookies because they have had a bit of money put on it.Just covering there arses.
If I remember wasn't we favs with the bookies for Kaka and look what happened there.

True but we were fav's with the bookies for Tevez look what happened there.

Pam said:

no it doesn't
the odds reflect the amount of people putting bets on that outcome and the odds change depending on the money placed
the odds are altered to ensure the bookie always wins whilst keeping the punters interested

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.