Torres

He needs to pull his finger out of his arse in training the lazy git.

Hard graft and commitment is the only way to get you through the bad times.

He's good enough to come through it, HE just needs to put it in to get it out, if you know what i mean?

corky1970 said:
i think with city's fitness programme, service, passing and supply he would score a hatfull with us

What about his inability to score for the best national team in the world with Xavi, Iniesta, Silva, and others supporting him? 4 goals in 20 appearances/2 years, two against Liechtenstein, one against Poland, and one against the USA.

He's not a "hatful" scorer to begin with. His average outside if incredible starts at Liverpool are around 14 goals. That's Demba Ba, Bent type territory.

dref619 said:
do you honestly think he's completely past it and will never return ? you watch him week in , week out. most of us don't. he's shown flashes of greatness at times this year. maybe its a sentimental thing on my own part, but there's a bit of me that would still want city to take a 20m punt if it was on
I think his raw talent is still there, his skill is still there and for the most part his physical assets are still there (just his acceleration isn't as explosive). What he's missing is the strikers instinct and all his confidence. I don't know how you teach somebody the "strikers instinct".

What you saw against Man United is Torres' typical game. He's produced quite a few assists this season. He'd actually make a good midfielder or even a winger. But when the chance comes to him, he just loses the plot. You can just see him go into panic mode when he gets a sight on goal and inevitably fuck it up. Interestingly, he doesn't fuck it up when he has no time to think about what he's doing, and he ends up scoring a rare but MUCH harder goal than the ones he's missed.

There is probably hope for him, but certainly not at Chelsea (no matter how much I hope to be wrong) and probably not in the PL. I think he should go to Italy or back to Spain if he's given up on competing for trophies. I really feel for him as well, because in his interviews and Chelsea TV bits and what have you, he seems like a genuinely great stand up family man who is going through the worst luck you could imagine. Being in poor form at his arrival, coupled with the huge drama surrounding his transfer, the fee itself and the media character assassination has just beaten it out of him.

For those wondering, reports from Cobham suggest he's lethal in training. I'm not sure what to make of that either (if the sources are trustworthy).

LoveCity said:
corky1970 said:
i think with city's fitness programme, service, passing and supply he would score a hatfull with us

What about his inability to score for the best national team in the world with Xavi, Iniesta, Silva, and others supporting him? 4 goals in 20 appearances/2 years, two against Liechtenstein, one against Poland, and one against the USA.
It's all confidence.. He just doesnt become a terrible player, at least not this terrible over night. Especially if there isnt a major injury involved

Atletico is the only place for him, cause that is the only place where the fans will be behind him 100% even if he starts slow. And that is what he needs.

Straight swap with Tevez and we would be helping Chelsea become stronger, Tevez would do well at Chelsea imo, as for Torres, here at City, he could be a hit or miss, worth a gamble ? maybe, but i'd rather we just bid £20m for him (he is worth nothing more, certainly not £30m) and sell Tevez for £50m.<br /><br />-- Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:25 pm --<br /><br />
Kurple said:
LoveCity said:
corky1970 said:

It's all confidence.. He just doesnt become a terrible player, at least not this terrible over night. Especially if there isnt a major injury involved

Atletico is the only place for him, cause that is the only place where the fans will be behind him 100% even if he starts slow. And that is what he needs.

Torres has been shit for 2 season's now, he has always been shit for Spain and only really had 2 good season's where he scored regularly with Liverpool and before that, was pretty good at Atletico. So he hasn't been consistant through his whole career and hasn't played his best since 2009-2010.

never been good for the national team?

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-K8Iu3-9n0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-K8Iu3-9n0</a>

Super David Silva 21 said:
I would do a straight swap for Tevez right now!

Torres may just need a change of scenery and need better players around him, there is no doubting on his day what a top player he is.

Silva, Aguero, balotelli, Nasri and Torres

Not too shabby.

even better

He will never ever make it again in this league, we would be absolute fools to bother with him.

Hes been shit for 2 seasons now, its not gonna happen.

He needs a fresh start / lower expectations / no media pressure.

SilkySilva12 said:
Straight swap with Tevez and we would be helping Chelsea become stronger, Tevez would do well at Chelsea imo, as for Torres, here at City, he could be a hit or miss, worth a gamble ? maybe, but i'd rather we just bid £20m for him (he is worth nothing more, certainly not £30m) and sell Tevez for £50m.

PMSL.

Who do you think is going to give us £50m for that imbecile? I'll drive/fly him there myself!

As for Torres......meh.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.