Tottenham - EFL Cup Final | Pre-Match Thread

Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Chelsea are better than Spurs so hopefully with a few changes it won’t give them the edge. Kane is out so that is good. Son is a problem. We need to keep a tight watch on him. Thorn in our side that fella.

The key with Spurs is starve their forwards. The rest of their side is shit.

I don’t mind some rotation as long as it doesn’t include Mendy and Torres. The former is crap and the latter is too raw for this game.

I would pick Ederson too but I doubt Pep will.

Ederson
Walker
Dias
Laporte
Cancelo
Fernandinho
Gundogan
Bernado
Sterling
Jesus
Foden

It's a decent team and we could sub 3 of Bernardo, Foden, Walker, Dias or Gundogan at 60 mins.

Strongest team or we get beat . An attack of sterling Jesus and Torres and we might aswell give the cup to Spurs as we will not get goals and they will damage us on the break . Fed up ofreading about this city team with 2 sides capable of winning the title because you move away from our strongest 11 and we are a team that doesn’t create .

Went to the replay in '81 and wanted revenge ever since, though it won't be true revenge till City beat Tottenham in another F.A. Cup Final. Would take losing on Sunday if City win on Wednesday (but hope they can win it by keeping Son & Kane quiet till 70th minute then bring on KDB and Foden.)
I went to Maine road to see the dejected City team arrive back from losing the replay . I think there were about 6 of us ..

Think Pep has pretty much said he’s going to play the reserves. It’s a win win for him. If we win, all well and good. If we get beat it was a weakened team and he doesn’t care anyway. Personally I’d rather we go with our strongest team and beat these motherfuckers

Mendy, Sterling or Cancelo should be nowhere near this starting lineup.
Either play our best team with 1 or 2 adjustments, or we might as well just send out the EDS.
They could well be the one or two adjustments though.
It’s actually the midfield where we are weakest in depth.
We have only gundogan rodri Fernandinho de bruyne and Bernardo who can play in the midfield 3.
Of those, pep doesn’t like to play bernardo in one of those 3 and prefers him as one of the front 3. And we don’t play as well with Fernandinho and Rodri together.
De bruyne is out and Fernandinho likely to play so not much room for resting players there.
Walker is the form RB and need pace for PSG so it makes sense to rest him.
Therefore cancelo starts but then you either play zinchenko both games or play mendy v Spurs and zinchenko v PSG.
So clear cases for both cancelo and mendy.
Given lack of options to rotate midfield and the need to have fresh legs for pressing up front v PSG it would make sense to save for example bernardo for PSG which leaves space For sterling.

personally think foden doesn’t need rest given his age

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.