Tottenham - EFL Cup Final | Pre-Match Thread

Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
He will probably save Walker, Gundogan & Mahrez for PSG. Mind you, he could surprise us all by using his 5/6 substitutions wisely.
Yes Raz is due a good game and i'm backing him to win it for us today.
His poor form will go today.
Fingers crossed. I said in an earlier post, We can't be going into both legs against PSG reliant on Foden and Mahrez, We need options off the bench. Never a better time to get confidence back playing well and scoring in a Cup Final before a Semi Final of the Champions League.

Not feeling confident. Could be another Leeds and Chelsea performance depending on the team. Spurs might be the media underdogs, but with a full strength team including Kane, a team that's up for it, and attacking, as well as a new manager, they will be hard to beat.

Thanks - I think?

I think the concern amongst City fans is justified as the drop off to our second string in significant. Sterling, Jesus and Cancelo can be excellent but currently look like they have barely played the game before.

What is the general feeling amongst Spurs fans about Ryan Mason? - if he leads Spurs to a win he becomes the most successful Spurs manager since Ramos! Would there be pressure to give him the job long term?

I guess with him in charge there is more chance of an entertaining match. Hope it is decent without any VAR crap, injuries or shithouse behaviour from any of the players.

The drop off to your second string is indeed significant, but that's dropping off from a great height to a significant height. We suffer a drop off from 'pretty good' to 'wtf is that' by our 1st 11. Usually within a single match. I'm struggling to remember when we last played more than about 30 minutes of good football within a match.

As a player and as a person Mason is universally liked, plus he's Spurs through and through and he's always going to get sympathy for how his playing career (and nearly his life) was cut short. As a kid he was a really good playmaking #10 who had the battling qualities and tenacity to become a CM; all heavily influenced by Poch's early years of front foot, high tempo football. From what I get to see of the youth teams that he had overall responsibility for they all play good football in that style.

We'd all love him to bring home the trophy today, sneak top 4 and be given the job permanently but that's mostly because of the romance it would bring. He's only been coaching at any level a short time so it would be a massive risk. Look at how hard Lampard found coaching at the top level, even after a full season in the championship.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.