Tottenham Hotspur thread (2015/16)

Crouchy, you are being too kind re Walker. I have watched him twice. On each occasion he has been 'below average' to 'poor'.

Dier, playing as a midfielder, has surprised me. Be interesting to see how he plays against the teams with the less orthodox midfield set-ups.

What's happening with the French striker you signed recently?
Agreed re. Walker. His positional sense/awareness is awful, so he relies on his pace to get him out of trouble. When he starts to lose that pace, he's screwed.

Every season I keep thinking that it may be the season that Spuds displaced Arsenal in the top 4 and every season after 3 or 4 games I am disappointed and know it's never going to happen

Spurs had a big chance to join PL elite after Bale and Modric transfers but Levy has fucked that chance up monumentally.

Crouchy, you are being too kind re Walker. I have watched him twice. On each occasion he has been 'below average' to 'poor'.

Dier, playing as a midfielder, has surprised me. Be interesting to see how he plays against the teams with the less orthodox midfield set-ups.

What's happening with the French striker you signed recently?

I'm not normally so praising of him (if that's considered praising) lol. I thought the whole team played well against Everton, he struggled a bit against Stoke with arnautovic (sp) but didn't really get much backup, United he wasn't bad bar an own goal, Leicester he was bang average. Either way I've never been a huge fan, I really want to see what Trippier can do in a Spurs shirt.

Dier was superb against Everton, he was everywhere and anywhere, he is not bad on the ball either. Against Stoke he ran himself into the ground, not sure he can keep up that tempo all the time, I think MP is using that as a temporary fix because I don't think Levy got him who he was after

I haven't even see any of Carlton yet, I don't really know much about the chap apart from someone telling me he's more of a second striker and would be useless by himself. Have you seen him play at all?! I think MP will probably use him in the Europa/League cup unless he surprises everyone. His build reminds me of Couilbaly who we signed a few years ago (apparently he was meant to be the dogs bollocks, now at Peterborough)

Spurs had a big chance to join PL elite after Bale and Modric transfers but Levy has fucked that chance up monumentally.

Modric was always the heartbeat and the number 1. 30m was a snip for Madrid. Levy hasn't done enough for our managers to get a big name in midfield. The Bale fee was briliantly wasted by Baldini.

Levy was never a huge spender but decided to gamble that year. He must be losing his touch as he couldn't work his magic with WBA or Southampton the year before. I read somewhere on the BBC that with the big TV deals going on teams are not so desperate to sell.

I'm interested to see how Son gets on either way!!

Typical Spurs mate!! lol
There is so much potential and I have grown to like Spuds despite that bloody cup final and the angry lad in the flat cap that turn up at our place every season and the Spurs fans that have posted on here over the years have been really good lads (apart from the one with the graphs) here is a fact we have never had a decent Arsenal fan on here, they all seem to be angry all the time and incapable of showing any form of restraint

I have grown to like Spuds

9kN21nw.gif

I look at their team and don't see a single player who would get in City's, Chelsea's or Arsenal's 11.

They've turned into a bit of a boring 'nothing' team, just drifting. They used to always have a couple of players I'd love to have and they used to be entertaining to watch but not now. Don't expect them to finish any higher than 7th. Wouldn't surprise me if they finished 10th or thereabouts

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.