Tottenham Hotspur thread (2015/16)

I look at their team and don't see a single player who would get in City's, Chelsea's or Arsenal's 11.

They've turned into a bit of a boring 'nothing' team, just drifting. They used to always have a couple of players I'd love to have and they used to be entertaining to watch but not now. Don't expect them to finish any higher than 7th. Wouldn't surprise me if they finished 10th or thereabouts

Eriksen on his day is a very good player and maybe could get into one team, but he's very inconsistent, the potential is there. Kane played superb last season and I think he's playing well right now apart from not scoring, maybe he could make a case along with Lloris too. The rest probably would not. I say that before I've seen Son play

Why didn't Spurs pay the money for Berahino? They need him, he wanted to go and let's be honest, WBA would have sold for the right price

Spurs are short upfront and for the sake of a few bob have left themselves open to criticism and also the likelyhood of other teams competing for him next time around - this is the exact reason City coughed up for Sterling, we needed him and if you need, you pay

I don't think many clubs are desperate to sell after money from TV rights. It's just like Everton with Stones. It all seems a bit of a circus now. Spurs put out some fair bids but it seemed to upset them a lot, I don't think we done a whole lot wrong. Not keen on his Twitter messages either

I can't warm to them, never have, never will. The Spurs lads that come on here are sound, and I've always got on with the ones I've worked with when I've been in London. I can't get over that cup final though, it broke my fucking heart. I suppose it will ease in time, now we are winning stuff, but their fans on their forums come across as proper whoppers, with a sense of entitlement that defies their actual status.

Same mate, never will forget that 81 final and replay, even then it was typical City, i was 12 at the time so was the first final i could remember.

They always sing about as if we are somehow beneath them, they havent won the league since the 50's for fucks sake.

Cunts

Strange seeing them line up the other day with a central midfield of Bentaleb, Dier and Mason.

No creativity there at all.

I always used to say the same thing when Modric was injured we would play the likes of Parker and Sandro, or back in the day someone similar to Palacios. People rave Dembele can do it but he doesn't score or assist, he's not even a deeplying playmaker either. Most of our creativity seemed to come from either Eriksen and Chadli last season or just Kane doing everything by himself. Alli is starting to ask questions about a start and he looks very comfortable on the ball, I'm surprised how quick he has settled, he can score a goal too. Now there is Son too, hopefully we can play with a little more flair.

Even when we were getting thrashed in the Gross days I still thought we were enjoyable to watch, even when we were conceding 3 a game with Ossie too I thought we'd always give it a go. The past few seasons have been boring for me, I'm sure neutrals have seen a lot worse from other teams but I find it hard to get used to!

Same mate, never will forget that 81 final and replay, even then it was typical City, i was 12 at the time so was the first final i could remember.

They always sing about as if we are somehow beneath them, they havent won the league since the 50's for fucks sake.

Cunts

I still feel the same when Coventry done it to us in 87. I've seen us lose in quite a few finals since then but when you're young it's more gutting. Now I'm a bit older it doesn't get to me as it used to, and losing on a weekend don't ruin my weekend anymore, I can just say typical Spurs and get on with things! That said I will still swear for 90 minutes straight, get angry at the TV but it calms down after an hour or so!

I still feel the same when Coventry done it to us in 87. I've seen us lose in quite a few finals since then but when you're young it's more gutting. Now I'm a bit older it doesn't get to me as it used to, and losing on a weekend don't ruin my weekend anymore, I can just say typical Spurs and get on with things! That said I will still swear for 90 minutes straight, get angry at the TV but it calms down after an hour or so!

You should be doing better as a club thats for certain, when was the last time Spurs really challenged for the title?

Eriksen on his day is a very good player and maybe could get into one team, but he's very inconsistent, the potential is there. Kane played superb last season and I think he's playing well right now apart from not scoring, maybe he could make a case along with Lloris too. The rest probably would not. I say that before I've seen Son play
I was going to post pretty much that, as a City fan. Wouldn't shock me if Alderweireld proved to be equal to Mertesacker and Cahill either.

A decent Lamela replacement and a back up striker would have put Spurs ahead of Liverpool and United imo.

You should be doing better as a club thats for certain, when was the last time Spurs really challenged for the title?

We were up there with Redknapp until an epic crumble/bottle job and around 87 we looked like we could but that ended badly too.

I don't really think we had any potential in the 90's with United around just like most of the league. We are closer now than we were back then but even still it's not going to happen

We were up there with Redknapp until an epic crumble/bottle job and around 87 we looked like we could but that ended badly too.

I don't really think we had any potential in the 90's with United around just like most of the league. We are closer now than we were back then but even still it's not going to happen

When your new stadium is ready you need Levi to show his bollocks and spend big, it can be done-Arsenal are established top four without spending huge amounts.

I was going to post pretty much that, as a City fan. Wouldn't shock me if Alderweireld proved to be equal to Mertesacker and Cahill either.

A decent Lamela replacement and a back up striker would have put Spurs ahead of Liverpool and United imo.

They could do with a bit more creativity in the middle as well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.