Tottenham Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Conte was right, those players are cheating the Spurs fans. Everton away is always a scrap, but there were players pulling out of challenges and not going for second balls all night. You could normally identify 2-4 Spurs players that would add something to your side, but I wouldn’t touch one of them now, and it won’t be easy for the club to shift them either.
Kulusevski (probably wrong spelling), maybe.

Three Spurs players backed off (one turning his back) when Keane scored that goal. I only saw the second half but Spurs looked like relegation fodder. What really stood out was the lack of technical skills in their team. They seem to have bought shite players in all positions. Perhaps that's why the media keep calling Daniel Levy a genius in the transfer market.

Spurs had a couple of chances in the first half and limited Everton pretty well, but as soon as they took the lead when Everton were down to 10, they just sat off didn't press and let Everton dictate play. They've got such a poor mentality. They play five at the back but both full backs are very deep and rarely an attacking threat. Son is just a shadow of the player from the past few seasons. When he does get the ball he gives it away, and without Bentancur in there providing a bit of attacking impetus centrally there's no point him looking to run in behind. Skipp and Hojbjerg in front of a back 5 is just so pathetic from a team going for top 4 at a relegation candidate.

If Kane left spurs, would they make top half?

No they wouldn't. There isn't a goal threat anywhere else.

He's either their creator or their finisher. They're so defensive that they never get forwards quickly enough and Son is just a different player this season. He's useless frankly.

Kane would have been brilliant for City. Playing others in, scoring a shit tonne. He's better than Haaland on the ball and in the air, but considering his price and what we got Haaland for and the fact there is 7 years between them I think we made the right choice!

Spurs had a couple of chances in the first half and limited Everton pretty well, but as soon as they took the lead when Everton were down to 10, they just sat off didn't press and let Everton dictate play. They've got such a poor mentality. They play five at the back but both full backs are very deep and rarely an attacking threat. Son is just a shadow of the player from the past few seasons. When he does get the ball he gives it away, and without Bentancur in there providing a bit of attacking impetus centrally there's no point him looking to run in behind. Skipp and Hojbjerg in front of a back 5 is just so pathetic from a team going for top 4 at a relegation candidate.
I can't take any team seriously which has Eric Dier in it.

If Kane left spurs, would they make top half?
I actually think they’d be a better side potentially. He clearly has more influence than some of the managers. Hobbling around up front in the champions league final springs to mind.

Erling was evidently very close to playing against Liverpool but we took the decision in a big game to keep him out the squad and away from temptation. No way Kane doesn’t plonk his arse on the bench in the same situation.

Spurs are so Kane focussed that I think it detracts from the entire squad. If they had a chairman that knew how to spend the cash wisely they’d have a chance at being a more well rounded squad… but we know Levy would try and sign 4/5 players with any fee received.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.