Tourists at games

Nothing new, been the case for a decade and we're not alone in it, most of the teams in the league, even the shit ones have an influx of tourists at both home and away games. The tickets for away games come from 3rd party sites for the most part for all clubs, how they get hold of them isn't clear, seems to be a combination of sourcing individuals from people willing to sell at a premium as well as having some kind of deal with clubs who don't officially acknowledge it.

Specifically for us, I hear semi-regular stories of obscure supporters clubs sourcing a bundle of tickets every now and again, I remember being behind an entire row of Belgian fans for Arsenal away two years on the trot a while back, one of whom directly told me they had come from their supporters club.

I've never had an issue with the tourists because I can guarantee they've paid through the roof to get to that game, paying hundreds of pounds for a ticket compared to me getting one for £30 and then on top of that are the hundreds of pounds for flights and accommodation, I say fair play to those that pay that to come, the issue lies not with them but the sourcing of the tickets they shouldn't be allowed to buy them for extortionate prices.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.