Tourists

Why Always Ste said:
What would be interesting is seeing the stats of the video content. The Harlem Shake gets 3mil video views, not every viewer of that is gonna be brought up in Gorton

I don't mind tourists, I mean I look at the bigger picture and how they will be having an effect on our economy - keeping local people in jobs.

Also, I've watched a number of sports all over the world during my time as a "tourist"

What does piss me off will be the guaranteed price increase of tickets, which will price me out of the stadium.
I will probably move onto another club then sadly.

Well I couldn't of been much of a Blue if I'm willing to support another club?

I guess so... Sadly food & shelter are my main priorities, if I can't afford to go I'm not an armchair fan and will go and watch live footy elsewhere

That's funny,good.i think?
I tend to miss the tongue in cheek bits at this time of night.Hic....

black mamba said:
i kne albert davy said:
seretonin said:
Can I high-jack this thread to make a plea from us 'tourists' - there are loads of us out there who are not just jumping in as glory supporters now that City are doing things but have been supporting them through all the barren years - just because we don't have a Manc accent give us a break.

Having been brought up in the West Country you'll appreciate that it's not exactly a hot-bed of quality teams so picked City in '73 and think I've earned the right to be accepted as a supporter having nearly had the sh..t kicked out of me the first time I saw City in the wrong end at Bristol City in Feb '77 (2-2), but recently - at the Charity Shield & last week at a Center Parcs holiday - with my son in his kit, I've had decidedly frosty encounters with you 'proper' fans and I know of another 'tourist' who was unbelievably threatened on holiday for having a southern accent - so chill-out we're all Citizens!
Was at the 2-2 game a Friday night Joe Royle got the Bristol goals i was working in Bristol and stopped over, a night out with the landladies daughter from the digs snowed like hell that weekend if i remember right.

I was at Ashton Gate too , on that cold Friday night , 35 years ago ... i was stood on the open end , and went down on the coach .

I seem to recall being there a few years before that too , when Chris Garland got the winner in a 1-0 win for them .....

The 1-0 defeat was the previous season (76/77), it ended a long unbeaten run.

I remember heading down on the travel club coach from Maine Rd to the 2-2 match, it was moved to a Friday night because Bristol Rovers had a home FA Cup tie on the Saturday, Tommy Booth got a late equaliser IIRC?

lancs blue said:
black mamba said:
i kne albert davy said:
Was at the 2-2 game a Friday night Joe Royle got the Bristol goals i was working in Bristol and stopped over, a night out with the landladies daughter from the digs snowed like hell that weekend if i remember right.

I was at Ashton Gate too , on that cold Friday night , 35 years ago ... i was stood on the open end , and went down on the coach .

I seem to recall being there a few years before that too , when Chris Garland got the winner in a 1-0 win for them .....

The 1-0 defeat was the previous season (76/77), it ended a long unbeaten run.

I remember heading down on the travel club coach from Maine Rd to the 2-2 match, it was moved to a Friday night because Bristol Rovers had a home FA Cup tie on the Saturday, Tommy Booth got a late equaliser IIRC?
Bristol Rovers played Ipswich went to that game as well draw if i remember

hisroyalblueness said:
I'm all for anyone who makes the effort to come and see us - that 'tourists' thing is a 'small club' mentality thing that the vast majority of our support find ridiculous.
Half & half scarves? Not my bag but if someone wants to spend money in our club shop then it's thumbs up all the way.

I agree, at the derby I even saw half and half scarves at that game. But hey ho if it's putting money into the club then so be it.

paul.manc said:
Ducado said:
I also noticed quite few Half and half scarf's

You think that's bad?

After the game I saw a guy wearing a Bayern Munich scarf- not a half and half- just a bright red Bayern Munich scarf

He may have been with the group I was talking to in the pub afterwards. They were a mixture of Bayern, Dortmund and Hamburg and booked months ago to watch Liverpool V Swansea, which should have been this week but was posponed because of the League Cup Final. The decided to come anyway since it was paid for and went to Blackburn V Leeds on Saturday and popped down yesterday on the off chance. The touts must have seen them coming as he happened to have 10 spares that he let them have for just a ton each.

They were a decent bunch of lads though, who knew their shit about football.

Can I swap one of those Thai tourist babes for themiserable sod who sits next to us?

the price of success

people want to see Teves live... and can pay big money for it...

so it's up to the governmant is it still be the local club with the residents or ... not

regards
City from time we were shit

I sit on the back row of north west corner under score board and the seats behind are allways full of foriegn accents i have no problems with that at all i think they are paying £140 a ticket in there dont know if foods in that but all revenue is got to be good also was very odd to see tourists city and chelsea getting off the tram coming up the steps and clicking away with there cameras but i suppose i did the same when i went to madrid last year who didnt take a picture when in the ground.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.