Tourists

OT can afford some tourists. After all, they can get 47k die-hards in and then still have space for nearly 30k tourists and away fans. We have to start pushing the global brand, that's a sad fact, but if and when we expand the ground the 'tourists' will be a necessary revenue stream. Corporate sales should, in a fair and equitable world, subsidise others in the safe standing (when that happens) and cheaper seats.
As for those who 'can't get tickets'; Just get a season card (£10), log in on line and go to the games which have tickets on general release. There is no excuse other than apathy, or a lack of money, and if lack of money is your problem there's no shame in saying that. However, £25 I think for Barnsley, a bit less I seem to recall for Watford, make for an affordable day out, if only once in a while.
If we are to see an influx of tourists in our 47k-seater stadium, then we need as many real, loud, singing, enthusiastic fans as we can get.

NipHolmes said:
Dunraven said:
NipHolmes said:
Not too bothered really.

The thing I do resent is the club pricing out modest income earning fans and their place being taken by wealthier 'plastic' fans. We'll lose our soul if we do that.

I once debated v United fans on facebook when they called us the Emptyhad. I said we were sold out and at least we didn't have as many tourists as them and then a guy posted a pic of an Asian bloke with a camera and he had a jacket on saying 'Chelsea' on the back. Now that's too much for me. I have no time for that. That's ammo for the rags :(

Anyway, back to subject, we need to embrace tourists as they will help us raise matchday revenue etc and it's all part of FFP. By refusing such types we simply cut our nose off to spite our face.

At Fulham away there was a bloke wearing an Arsenal tracksuit top sat four rows in from of me. Arsenal were playing Chelsea.

Just horrible. That's what I dislike about Football. People's fickleness to clubs and only following the better teams who win things.

As a lad from the Midlands I used to get hammered for being a blue. I never got a bit of hassle as a fan when we had Samaras and Vassell up front. Yet now I get questioned and that really hurts me. I get labelled unfairly and slotted in the same group as these shower of shit tourists who support about 3-4 premier league teams.

When I actually talk football it's ok but at first it's always justifcation of why I'm a fan. I personally wouldn't dare question people but that's the way it is now. Life goes on.

Come on Arsen.............I mean come on City!
NipHolmes

Hmmm, definitely a glory hunter!!

Ducado said:
seretonin said:
Can I high-jack this thread to make a plea from us 'tourists' - there are loads of us out there who are not just jumping in as glory supporters now that City are doing things but have been supporting them through all the barren years - just because we don't have a Manc accent give us a break.

Having been brought up in the West Country you'll appreciate that it's not exactly a hot-bed of quality teams so picked City in '73 and think I've earned the right to be accepted as a supporter having nearly had the sh..t kicked out of me the first time I saw City in the wrong end at Bristol City in Feb '77 (2-2), but recently - at the Charity Shield & last week at a Center Parcs holiday - with my son in his kit, I've had decidedly frosty encounters with you 'proper' fans and I know of another 'tourist' who was unbelievably threatened on holiday for having a southern accent - so chill-out we're all Citizens!

Your not a tourist? Your a true fan and you don't have to justify this fact to anyone!

The whole point of the thread was the amount of "Far Eastern" tourists today, tourists in the proper sense of the word, nothing to do with real fans like you, and I am not having a go at them, it was just an observation

get used to it mate, living and supporting city in nottingham for the last 30 years its gone from, "are you mental supporting city when forest are class" to "glory supporter, why dont you support your local club" beleive me if it was down to manc city fans the etihad would never be sold out as there is shit loads of blues all over the country, as you will see if traveling up to home games via woodhead or A50.

ken_barnes said:
Skashion said:
hisroyalblueness said:
Not my bag but if someone wants to spend money in our club shop then it's thumbs up all the way.
Only half and half scarves I've ever seen in our shop are the the Champions League scarves. The day we sell a City-rags half and half scarf, our club has died.

They (street sellers) always (well the last year) sell the half n half scarves, with City and another prem team on them, up Grey Mare Lane.
They must sell i suppose, otherwise they wouldn't make them !
and two of them are scousers... why would you buy one, WHY? and skashion... there was people on derby day buying and wearing them... COULDNT FUCKING BELIEVE IT!!!

notts blue said:
Ducado said:
seretonin said:
Can I high-jack this thread to make a plea from us 'tourists' - there are loads of us out there who are not just jumping in as glory supporters now that City are doing things but have been supporting them through all the barren years - just because we don't have a Manc accent give us a break.

Having been brought up in the West Country you'll appreciate that it's not exactly a hot-bed of quality teams so picked City in '73 and think I've earned the right to be accepted as a supporter having nearly had the sh..t kicked out of me the first time I saw City in the wrong end at Bristol City in Feb '77 (2-2), but recently - at the Charity Shield & last week at a Center Parcs holiday - with my son in his kit, I've had decidedly frosty encounters with you 'proper' fans and I know of another 'tourist' who was unbelievably threatened on holiday for having a southern accent - so chill-out we're all Citizens!

Your not a tourist? Your a true fan and you don't have to justify this fact to anyone!

The whole point of the thread was the amount of "Far Eastern" tourists today, tourists in the proper sense of the word, nothing to do with real fans like you, and I am not having a go at them, it was just an observation

get used to it mate, living and supporting city in nottingham for the last 30 years its gone from, "are you mental supporting city when forest are class" to "glory supporter, why dont you support your local club" beleive me if it was down to manc city fans the etihad would never be sold out as there is shit loads of blues all over the country, as you will see if traveling up to home games via woodhead or A50.

I hope you tell anyone local who gives you shit about being a glory hunter where to go.
Anyone 'daft' enough to follow City through the 80's and 90's and have to travel from Notts, Chesterfield, Leicester etc as a fair few blues have done deserves a medal!
It was bad enough when i could walk to the ground or only having to jump on a bus. God knows if i'd have bothered if I'd have to travel to get to mcr as well.

2bluejacko said:
ken_barnes said:
Skashion said:
Only half and half scarves I've ever seen in our shop are the the Champions League scarves. The day we sell a City-rags half and half scarf, our club has died.

They (street sellers) always (well the last year) sell the half n half scarves, with City and another prem team on them, up Grey Mare Lane.
They must sell i suppose, otherwise they wouldn't make them !
and two of them are scousers... why would you buy one, WHY? and skashion... there was people on derby day buying and wearing them... COULDNT FUCKING BELIEVE IT!!!
I know the street sellers sell them but there's nothing that can be done about that. I'm fine with the club selling them for the Champions League, as long as they don't do a rags one if/when we play them.

I saw them too. I told those utter belltwats in 101 for the derby to fuck off as I walked past at the end of the match.

EddieR said:
OT can afford some tourists. After all, they can get 47k die-hards in and then still have space for nearly 30k tourists and away fans. We have to start pushing the global brand, that's a sad fact, but if and when we expand the ground the 'tourists' will be a necessary revenue stream. Corporate sales should, in a fair and equitable world, subsidise others in the safe standing (when that happens) and cheaper seats.
As for those who 'can't get tickets'; Just get a season card (£10), log in on line and go to the games which have tickets on general release. There is no excuse other than apathy, or a lack of money, and if lack of money is your problem there's no shame in saying that. However, £25 I think for Barnsley, a bit less I seem to recall for Watford, make for an affordable day out, if only once in a while.
If we are to see an influx of tourists in our 47k-seater stadium, then we need as many real, loud, singing, enthusiastic fans as we can get.

47k die-hards, you are definitely having a laugh! 20 k max, all just glory hunters.

fallowfield said:
notts blue said:
Ducado said:

I hope you tell anyone local who gives you shit about being a glory hunter where to go.
Anyone 'daft' enough to follow City through the 80's and 90's and have to travel from Notts, Chesterfield, Leicester etc as a fair few blues have done deserves a medal!
It was bad enough when i could walk to the ground or only having to jump on a bus. God knows if i'd have bothered if I'd have to travel to get to mcr as well.

dont worry mate i do!

or when i tell them i once drove to bath for a tuesday night fa cup replay against bristol rovers on my own normally shuts the fuckers up!

all my close mates are forest and know ive been following city since school days, its the strangers or people i work for, there's a lot of anti city brigade around nowdays around here, its all jelousy at the end of the day!

unfortunatley every game for me is an away game, villa away is an hour away so happy days!

notts blue said:
fallowfield said:
notts blue said:

dont worry mate i do!

or when i tell them i once drove to bath for a tuesday night fa cup replay against bristol rovers on my own normally shuts the fuckers up!

all my close mates are forest and know ive been following city since school days, its the strangers or people i work for, there's a lot of anti city brigade around nowdays around here, its all jelousy at the end of the day!

unfortunatley every game for me is an away game, villa away is an hour away so happy days!

Been just outside Northampton for 15 years and I've had the pity, the piss taking and now the glory glory bit. I just tell them that before City I was a Chelsea fan and then they got shit. Shuts them up straight away.

My mates around these parts know different and for a long time I was known as "City" in my local pub. There's a few more of us now though. Not sure how I feel about that if I'm honest.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.