Tourists

I think most of us Manc blues KNOW that City fans have travelled for many years to watch City.

70's Cheltenham blues for example.

Went to watch Barca play Getafe at the Camp Nou 2 weeks ago,was spotted wearing my old 'bobble' hat by a handful of Reading fans,had a piss next to a West Ham fan,got chatting to a Villa fan,was surrounded by English football fans in the seats (€19.00) and again by the hot dog stalls.They where everywhere together with the usual hordes of clueless Chinese. Granted, Barcelona, as a city, is a tourist trap and the match appeared to be a sell out but I'd be interested to know what percentage were actual Barca fans.

Tuearts right boot said:
Went to watch Barca play Getafe at the Camp Nou 2 weeks ago,was spotted wearing my old 'bobble' hat by a handful of Reading fans,had a piss next to a West Ham fan,got chatting to a Villa fan,was surrounded by English football fans in the seats (€19.00) and again by the hot dog stalls.They where everywhere together with the usual hordes of clueless Chinese. Granted, Barcelona, as a city, is a tourist trap and the match appeared to be a sell out but I'd be interested to know what percentage were actual Barca fans.

Hear Hear! Good point sir!

There's an Egyptian bloke I saw at Wembley for the final and again at the big one v QPR with a banner that said something like "Egyptian Revolution, now complete." I get back now & then from afar but I think he's a regular, Manc accent and all. Point is that people from other countries live in Manchester now, that's the global way of it.

Simple we can 100% keep our soul but to do that we need to say bye bye sheikh accept lower league football and remain local watching moderate talent and aspiring to Be where stoke are now ....

Or we can embrace new fans, become international and grow this way as this is inevitable with success!

Simple choice what is more important local fans at matches and no half and half scarves it watching world class talent and winning trophies?

Personally I think a lot of city fans need to grow balls like we used to have and stop being so worried about rags taking the piss. No rag has ever been intellectually capable of winding me up and even when we were in the bottom half of div 2 I could deal with them.

If your answer is you would prefer city to be crap but have lots of locals and no tourists then you have the option of Bury, Stockport or Oldham (or Shrewsbury or Bristol rovers for the tourists )

EalingBlue2 said:
Simple we can 100% keep our soul but to do that we need to say bye bye sheikh accept lower league football and remain local watching moderate talent and aspiring to Be where stoke are now ....

Or we can embrace new fans, become international and grow this way as this is inevitable with success!

Simple choice what is more important local fans at matches and no half and half scarves it watching world class talent and winning trophies?

Personally I think a lot of city fans need to grow balls like we used to have and stop being so worried about rags taking the piss. No rag has ever been intellectually capable of winding me up and even when we were in the bottom half of div 2 I could deal with them.

If your answer is you would prefer city to be crap but have lots of locals and no tourists then you have the option of Bury, Stockport or Oldham (or Shrewsbury or Bristol rovers for the tourists )
my rag mates down here are normally silenced also with "i bet ive seen united more times than you this season" the new excuse i'm hearing a bit now is, oh er i'm banned lmfao!

im a super tourist(from australia), i wake up at 4am to watch city games :'(
one day i will fly to england and probably buy one of those half n half scarfs, probably have to hide it though haha. i guess i dont mind if people are rude to me etc etc as long as i dont get kicked out im gonna be happy. one day...

stonerblue said:
frothy said:
did you see the Arabian bloke with the bird of prey in city square people having there photos taken with him

That andyhinch gets everywhere...

485561_10151747570165760_1046726114_a.jpg

http://www.bbc.co.uk/nature/13791688<br /><br />-- Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:30 pm --<br /><br />Being international is great for club, country and the region.

1. SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL.
2. WELCOME ALL TO MANCHESTER
3. FOLLOW THE CITY, OVER LAND AND SEA (AND STRETFORD)
4. WATCH NON-LEAGUE TEAMS; SUPPORT GRASSROOTS FOOTBALL.

sasan160 said:
im a super tourist(from australia), i wake up at 4am to watch city games :'(
one day i will fly to england and probably buy one of those half n half scarfs, probably have to hide it though haha. i guess i dont mind if people are rude to me etc etc as long as i dont get kicked out im gonna be happy. one day...

If you come and sit in CBL1 we will welcome you with open arms because we are a friendly bunch down there. I remember a man and his lad at a Cup match last season saying to me that he had really enjoyed the experience because we had talked to them both and welcomed them.

If you support City, especially vocally, you are a welcome addition. Come on over, whereabouts in Oz are you?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.