Tourists

paul.manc said:
Ducado said:
I also noticed quite few Half and half scarf's

You think that's bad?

After the game I saw a guy wearing a Bayern Munich scarf- not a half and half- just a bright red Bayern Munich scarf

And what? he wants to watch city and he's a Bayern fan!! - pretty impressive for City surely. Some of you not seeing bigger picture. If we - as you all want - are challenging for the tilte and playing wonderful football then people will want to see it, be part of it. When I was working in Italy, some years ago now, i went to as many of the big games as I could and I wore my City scarf/shirt. Didn't get hassle once but looking back it may have been a bit crazy especially at Inter..haha!

Unfortunately it is something we will have to come to terms with as our club becomes bigger and more attractive to oversea's fans.

The only one that made me cringe was when we played the rags, when shrek scored there was a few of the foriegn fans on the front row where he ran too at the city end, the foriegn fans were actually cheering and was plain to see on camera.

that is what annoys me more.

Maybe the Big Cola people are back. Never seen Hart under such intense pressure as at 09:34.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utpFVhZUJng[/youtube]

Jonny Boy said:
paul.manc said:
Ducado said:
I also noticed quite few Half and half scarf's

You think that's bad?

After the game I saw a guy wearing a Bayern Munich scarf- not a half and half- just a bright red Bayern Munich scarf

And what? he wants to watch city and he's a Bayern fan!! - pretty impressive for City surely. Some of you not seeing bigger picture. If we - as you all want - are challenging for the tilte and playing wonderful football then people will want to see it, be part of it. When I was working in Italy, some years ago now, i went to as many of the big games as I could and I wore my City scarf/shirt. Didn't get hassle once but looking back it may have been a bit crazy especially at Inter..haha!

I think you may be reading this wrong, I was just making an observation most of us are intelligent enough to know which way the wind is blowing, and that we have a product (horrible word in this context) that people want to see

trueblue gio said:
Spanish guy (I think) back of 101 asked the girl at the kiosk what was a meat and potato pie, she plainly answered its a pie with meat and potato, he then asked how do I eat it, with a straight face she just said you bite into it. He walked away with it held out infront of him to his mates who all stood around examining it. Was the funniest thing I have seen in ages. Perhaps we should be serving tapas for our new fans. 101 has loads of tourists every game (especially Bosnians). I don't have a problem with them, they have paid for the ticket and must have come wedged up for the weekend, its just a little surreal sometimes.

to be fair, I've looked at "food" served in the ground a few times and wondered what to do with it and I'm a born and bred Mancunian...
I don't mind tourists, we were all new to the club once.

Can I high-jack this thread to make a plea from us 'tourists' - there are loads of us out there who are not just jumping in as glory supporters now that City are doing things but have been supporting them through all the barren years - just because we don't have a Manc accent give us a break.

Having been brought up in the West Country you'll appreciate that it's not exactly a hot-bed of quality teams so picked City in '73 and think I've earned the right to be accepted as a supporter having nearly had the sh..t kicked out of me the first time I saw City in the wrong end at Bristol City in Feb '77 (2-2), but recently - at the Charity Shield & last week at a Center Parcs holiday - with my son in his kit, I've had decidedly frosty encounters with you 'proper' fans and I know of another 'tourist' who was unbelievably threatened on holiday for having a southern accent - so chill-out we're all Citizens!

If there are seats left over I have no problem with them being filled with tourists but this game sold out in a few days of goin on sale,didnt it? So how do they get tickets ? . Sayin that, I did notice a few empty seats here and there .

It does piss me off that they were nowhere to be seen before the takeover or prob before we won the league .i can understand the Middle East interest because of our owners but the Far East are just jumpin on the bandwagon.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.