Tourists

seretonin said:
Can I high-jack this thread to make a plea from us 'tourists' - there are loads of us out there who are not just jumping in as glory supporters now that City are doing things but have been supporting them through all the barren years - just because we don't have a Manc accent give us a break.

Having been brought up in the West Country you'll appreciate that it's not exactly a hot-bed of quality teams so picked City in '73 and think I've earned the right to be accepted as a supporter having nearly had the sh..t kicked out of me the first time I saw City in the wrong end at Bristol City in Feb '77 (2-2), but recently - at the Charity Shield & last week at a Center Parcs holiday - with my son in his kit, I've had decidedly frosty encounters with you 'proper' fans and I know of another 'tourist' who was unbelievably threatened on holiday for having a southern accent - so chill-out we're all Citizens!

Your not a tourist? Your a true fan and you don't have to justify this fact to anyone!

The whole point of the thread was the amount of "Far Eastern" tourists today, tourists in the proper sense of the word, nothing to do with real fans like you, and I am not having a go at them, it was just an observation

Bizzare thread how many fans on here when on hols in Madrid or Bara would go to a match if there was on on and they could get a ticket same with the super bowl final or a cricket test match i know I would and have done
maybe visitors to Manchester who like sport would be a better description after all they could have gone to the lion king

nuff said

I would imagine that many of them paid the outrageous prices on Viagogo, many of which are normal season ticket holders selling their seat. A fair few were in season ticket areas.

There was a busload of Russian people being dropped off outside Mary Ds. They had a tour guide and maps, but they seemed a bit bewildered by the world they'd arrived in.

I'm not that othered as long as they show up, make some noise and stay to the end. Which most of our fanbase seem not to do on the justification that they watched us lose to Luton in 1982 and they've got a jam packed day of waiting for Match of the day to come on to watch highlights of the match that they've just watched 65 minutes of.

It's fucking embarrassing sometimes.

Bumped imto two guys from Belgium who had come over to see Kompany. They either didn't understand or didn't want to know when I was trying to explain he was still out injured.

LoveCity said:
A huge group of young Middle Eastern kids were from a school in Kuwait and wore maroon tracksuits.

I saw them. They all had their initials on their tracksuits and the first one to walk passed me had "HA" on theirs. So I laughed out loud. Get it !?! I looked for "LOL" but couldn't spot one.

Mansour bought the club for all of us. Including them.

Tourists stay and Manchester hotels, dine in our restaurants and so forth. They are good for business.

seretonin said:
Can I high-jack this thread to make a plea from us 'tourists' - there are loads of us out there who are not just jumping in as glory supporters now that City are doing things but have been supporting them through all the barren years - just because we don't have a Manc accent give us a break.

Having been brought up in the West Country you'll appreciate that it's not exactly a hot-bed of quality teams so picked City in '73 and think I've earned the right to be accepted as a supporter having nearly had the sh..t kicked out of me the first time I saw City in the wrong end at Bristol City in Feb '77 (2-2), but recently - at the Charity Shield & last week at a Center Parcs holiday - with my son in his kit, I've had decidedly frosty encounters with you 'proper' fans and I know of another 'tourist' who was unbelievably threatened on holiday for having a southern accent - so chill-out we're all Citizens!
I love it when that happens to me. Fucking love it.

Choose your battles 'proper' fans.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.