Tourists

johnbmcr said:
Bizzare thread how many fans on here when on hols in Madrid or Bara would go to a match if there was on on and they could get a ticket same with the super bowl final or a cricket test match i know I would and have done
maybe visitors to Manchester who like sport would be a better description after all they could have gone to the lion king

nuff said

I do that,was in Rome for my 10th wedding anniversary in 2007...had a barney with the mrs,so I fucked off to the lazio v real Madrid game(champs league)...needless to say,but I ain't married any more :-)

gordondaviesmoustache said:
seretonin said:
Can I high-jack this thread to make a plea from us 'tourists' - there are loads of us out there who are not just jumping in as glory supporters now that City are doing things but have been supporting them through all the barren years - just because we don't have a Manc accent give us a break.

Having been brought up in the West Country you'll appreciate that it's not exactly a hot-bed of quality teams so picked City in '73 and think I've earned the right to be accepted as a supporter having nearly had the sh..t kicked out of me the first time I saw City in the wrong end at Bristol City in Feb '77 (2-2), but recently - at the Charity Shield & last week at a Center Parcs holiday - with my son in his kit, I've had decidedly frosty encounters with you 'proper' fans and I know of another 'tourist' who was unbelievably threatened on holiday for having a southern accent - so chill-out we're all Citizens!
I love it when that happens to me. Fucking love it.

Choose your battles 'proper' fans.
you're too easy a target you southern softie

squirtyflower said:
seretonin said:
Can I high-jack this thread to make a plea from us 'tourists' - there are loads of us out there who are not just jumping in as glory supporters now that City are doing things but have been supporting them through all the barren years - just because we don't have a Manc accent give us a break.

Having been brought up in the West Country you'll appreciate that it's not exactly a hot-bed of quality teams so picked City in '73 and think I've earned the right to be accepted as a supporter having nearly had the sh..t kicked out of me the first time I saw City in the wrong end at Bristol City in Feb '77 (2-2), but recently - at the Charity Shield & last week at a Center Parcs holiday - with my son in his kit, I've had decidedly frosty encounters with you 'proper' fans and I know of another 'tourist' who was unbelievably threatened on holiday for having a southern accent - so chill-out we're all Citizens!

Yes, I often get verbally outmaneuvered in those situations. I'm always at a complete loss as to what to say and how to respond.

squirtyflower said:

Yes, I often get verbally outmaneuvered in those situations. I'm always at a complete loss as to what to say and how to respond.
i've noticed you are often tongue tied by the leading lights of Manchester's sub-culture, or even those from north Lancs

I went on the stadium tour over the summer to see the Trophy and was the only city fan on it. Loads of Canadians for some reason but they all spent well in the club shop afterwards so no harm done. Then again, I'm from shropshire so i suppose that makes me a tourist too :s

squirtyflower said:
squirtyflower said:
i've noticed you are often tongue tied by the leading lights of Manchester's sub-culture, or even those from north Lancs
It stems from a complete absence of self-confidence.

squirtyflower said:
It stems from a complete absence of self-confidence.
yes, i have to say i've noticed how meek and quiet you are

have you thought of taking classes in building your esteem and self-worth?

havn't read all the thread

just got back from the game via the pub

as a bloke with a 30 year old Thai wife and 5 year old son

wow,spotted loads of asian babes today,especially while sat on the 216 waiting to come home,loads of em walking back into manc,long may it continue

kharp khun khrap !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.