Tourists

blue44 said:
themightyblues said:
No offence to anyone intended. I sit in the family stand and this season I have noticed a lot of new faces. My problem is, almost every single one of these 30 or so people that have sat around me don't bother getting off there seat when we score or even watching/concentrating on the game, very unintrested. Strange to me, but hay ho as they say.
i'm one of those new faces,had to move into 234 family stand from ss 218 so my 5 year old could get his first seasoncard

what a sterile lifeless hole it is too,i just dont understand why most of them go,seriously,its dead ,iv been looked down apon,reported ,susssshed at ,sneared at,all for showing some passion etc

To be fair it's not that bad. I've got to know quite a few people around me and they are understanding about my odd out burst. Most are long term suffers like myself, but just the odd few that I don't get who would look more at home at Wimbledon than a football match.

blue44 said:
havn't read all the thread

just got back from the game via the pub

as a bloke with a 30 year old Thai wife and 5 year old son

wow,spotted loads of asian babes today,especially while sat on the 216 waiting to come home,loads of em walking back into manc,long may it continue

kharp khun khrap !

yup !!

Bring it on !!

The only way to beat Twattini's 'FFP' is to get global asap and

-make our appeal global
-sell our brand global
-make our influence global

We are in this zone now ..
get used to it

We got in before the twat cartel sought to to stitch it all up..

I jut feel sorry for the Evertons , Spurs , Barcodes.. who have huge potentail and fanbases but are likely to miss out due to the cynical self interest of the old cartel members, many of whom are no longer serious contenders

(viz Dippers, Arse, Ajax, Lyon etc etc....)

I've got a couple of double scarfs. But they are from big matches (Fa cup final, 1999 final, first champs league match, charity shield etc).

Come to think of it I could have brought and sold mine from the charity shield outside the ground today. Would have paid for my half time pie and pint.

its better then haveing a pub full off rags comeing out with the old on ' we cart get tickets'
everytime there's a game!!!
don't care where your from
don't care what sex or colour you are!
just aslong as your a city fan your doing ok for me!!!!!!!

SPIDERBOY said:
johnbmcr said:
Bizzare thread how many fans on here when on hols in Madrid or Bara would go to a match if there was on on and they could get a ticket same with the super bowl final or a cricket test match i know I would and have done
maybe visitors to Manchester who like sport would be a better description after all they could have gone to the lion king

nuff said

I do that,was in Rome for my 10th wedding anniversary in 2007...had a barney with the mrs,so I fucked off to the lazio v real Madrid game(champs league)...needless to say,but I ain't married any more :-)
Was the match any good mate
What was the score?

I didnt notice a load and i dont realy care but there was an oriental couple in the south stand and i think they were supporting chelsea!

shakermaker85 said:
I've got a couple of double scarfs. But they are from big matches (Fa cup final, 1999 final, first champs league match, charity shield etc).

Come to think of it I could have brought and sold mine from the charity shield outside the ground today. Would have paid for my half time pie and pint.

I guess if you were just there as a tourist, it would be a nice memento

themightyblues said:
blue44 said:
themightyblues said:
No offence to anyone intended. I sit in the family stand and this season I have noticed a lot of new faces. My problem is, almost every single one of these 30 or so people that have sat around me don't bother getting off there seat when we score or even watching/concentrating on the game, very unintrested. Strange to me, but hay ho as they say.
i'm one of those new faces,had to move into 234 family stand from ss 218 so my 5 year old could get his first seasoncard

what a sterile lifeless hole it is too,i just dont understand why most of them go,seriously,its dead ,iv been looked down apon,reported ,susssshed at ,sneared at,all for showing some passion etc

To be fair it's not that bad. I've got to know quite a few people around me and they are understanding about my odd out burst. Most are long term suffers like myself, but just the odd few that I don't get who would look more at home at Wimbledon than a football match.
within the first 5 minutes of the derby ,when rooney should have been booked on 2 seperate occasions,got away with both,i was reported by the middle class snob women in front,had to grovel with the steward she brought along who threatened me with being turfed out,sickened me,her husband who goes on alternate games sits texting business deals on his blackberry all through the games he attends
got a big choice to make next season,cant afford to pay my sons season card in other areas but i simply dont want to sit in the familly stand again

uwe282828 said:
Its all money in the pot!i dont care when city fans start supporting or where they come from.

I agree .......

if we're to enlarge as a club we've got to expect that 'new fans' will want to show an interest in the club , and maybe attend games .....

we know that a great many rags who attend games at the Swamp aren't from Manchester , neither are all Arsenal fans at the Emirates from London , or all Anfield attendees from Merseyside ...... it's just the way it's got to be if we want to grow as a club.

Everything changes , and with added prestige as a club it would be nigh on impossible to stay as we've been in the past ... we'll just have to build a bigger ground !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.