Tram on Sunday to Etihad

I'd have quite liked to have tried it out but price put me off.

I walked back and noticed that the tram was packed like sardines after the game and the ones that passed me on the way to the game were full too

Can't please everyone Marvin, I mean the price is what encouraged me to use it.

Also the fact I don't have to drive much (saving on fuel)
The Tram I got on was "packed" but it was liveable, it added to the atmosphere :)

Why Always Ste said:
Can't please everyone Marvin, I mean the price is what encouraged me to use it.

Also the fact I don't have to drive much (saving on fuel)
The Tram I got on was "packed" but it was liveable, it added to the atmosphere :)
I understand it gets rid of a car journey and parking for some. Good for you.

The ones I saw were all full so "Day 1" a success

Left Monroes at 1.20 got on at Picc Station and arrived at ground at 1.32, bloody brilliant, 3 pound return and my side of the ground. after the game my brother was stuck top tier so we were one of the last out, joined the big q and half an hour later arrived back at Picc station, will definitely be using again

Marvin said:
I'd have quite liked to have tried it out but price put me off.

I walked back and noticed that the tram was packed like sardines after the game and the ones that passed me on the way to the game were full too

the price was cheaper than the bus from where we come from and dropped off far nearer to the ground
a winner for me

Ian said:
The Droylsden service after the game was a joke. The tram stopped before it got to Asda And waited for all the traffic to clear. I could have walked it in the 40 mins it took.
Only plus was the fact I didn't pay going back as the guy in the ticket booth couldn't be arsed changing a tenner and just waived me on.

Is this going to be the case after every match then?
If so theres no point in me jumping on it when its up and running to ashton.

The cookie monster said:
Ian said:
The Droylsden service after the game was a joke. The tram stopped before it got to Asda And waited for all the traffic to clear. I could have walked it in the 40 mins it took.
Only plus was the fact I didn't pay going back as the guy in the ticket booth couldn't be arsed changing a tenner and just waived me on.

agreed

we always walk back up the new road after the game and its rare many buses pass us right up to edge lane
yesterday just one tram

Ian said:
The tram driver must have been confused by the rather quaint Southern European accent of the station announcer. 'Thees eeez the doroyalsdon seervice'

Got on at 1pm at Radcliffe. All went well until Bowker Vale/Crumpsall where the tram stopped and started for about 5mins before crawling into Victoria.
Loads got on and the fun started. A crew of Leeds got on pretending to be City fans and started with the runway song before reeling off a couple more tasty dittys about 'Paki's'.
At Picc' gardens they suddenly start with the 'we are leeds' and start twatting the tram as we roll into the underground station.
Tram packed and loads queuing to get on and the coppers start to move in. At this point i got off cos it looke dlike the tram was going nowhere and i was late for a meet-up for me ticket.

Coming back from the Stadium i dutifully followed the walk around in fuckin zig zag barriers until the sheer number of people meant total gridlock. After 20mins I jumped over the fence and walked back to town.

All in all a bit shit really but i underestimated the time it would take so some of the blame is with me.

The cookie monster said:
Ian said:

The tram for Droylsden tram did stop before Asda but we were told the points were faulty and had to be changed manually. But apart from short delay worked great for us. Hopefully any glitches will be ironed out quickly.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.