Tram on Sunday to Etihad

Traffic was a bit better today, would imagine it will be better when more people use it.

Went by car , nothing to park , stayed til final whistle , walked through front door in Bury at 4.30
Not interested in the trams

rickmcfc said:
Well since that car parking is now £8 I think the tram will be a more suitable options from Eccles.

Eccles blue, do you have to get off and into another tram or do they go straight through to the Etihad?

You have to get off, but, as you board the next tram at the same platform it isn't a problem, just a matter of a few steps off, then if there is a queue join the queue or just wait for the Droylsden tram. Sorry, been re-watching the game on ESPN. (I know, I am sad and need to get a life, but it is amazing the bits you miss!)

Vienna_70 said:
Why Always Ste said:
Was very good (Coming from Bury)

Got on at 12:22pm - was at City Square by 1pm with a Pint in my hand ;)

Tips:

Avoid getting on at Piccadilly (Big queues and the Tram is full by Market Street)

Atmosphere was good natured and came across no problems.

Considering it was mid day with the sun out on a Sunday the Metrolink coped well. a large chunk of people on my Tram where Shoppers.

On a mid-week league cup game it will run fine.

£4.90 to the stadium and back from Bury is a bargain (considering it's £10.00 to park your car at Official City Car Park)

That difference in price will help to encourage people to use the tram, I reckon, Ste.

Also the fact that you can then have a drink as well without worrying about the consequences if you're driving.

I also think that it will take time to change people's attitude and most of those who have paid for car parking this season will obviously continue to bring their cars, at least until the end of he current campaign. However, when it comes to renewing their car parking for next season, and the higher cost compared to the tram, I would think that quite a number will decide to use the tram instead.

Yea a few friends who have paid for their parking season tickets said they would consider using the Tram from next season (Upon hearing of the price in comparison with the Official Parking)

The Atmosphere is worth the price of the ticket anyway, I mean sometimes driving to the match can be a lonely experience with no real matchday experience involved.

As i travel from Yorkshire ,wondered if there Is a safe car park say 2 or 3 miles up the line towards droylesden?

blueyorkie said:
As i travel from Yorkshire ,wondered if there Is a safe car park say 2 or 3 miles up the line towards droylesden?
You might be better coming off M62 at Blackley jct 18 getting tram at Bowker Vale straight to Etihad. park for free. Take a look.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.