Tram on Sunday to Etihad

Vienna_70 said:
When I went to watch Hertha Berlin at the Olympic Stadium, a tram pulled out just as I walked on to the platform. I thought to myself, now I'll have to wait ten minutes, but no, another one pulled in straight away.

Admittedly, the Olympic Stadium is the last stop on that particular branch line, so the trams can be stacked up in waiting and this is obviously not possible at the Etihad at present.

Also, many clubs in Germany include the price of the public transport to and from the town / city centre, thus encouraging supporters to use it, rather than using their cars.

Same deal at Fortuna Dusseldorf. They have a loop where the trams come out one after the other at FT.

deafmanstevo said:
Im getting a train from Ashton u lyne to Manc Victoria, having a few beers then walking to the staduim from the piccadilly area.

Walk u lazy fookers, its not that far from central Manc.
(this is not aimed at the disabled,people on crutches,women wearing high heels or those with a very pissed up mate and dont want to carry him)
This is not a fuckin walking thread it's a tram thread.
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/visit/activities/walking/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/visit/a ... s/walking/</a>

Was very good (Coming from Bury)

Got on at 12:22pm - was at City Square by 1pm with a Pint in my hand ;)

Tips:

Avoid getting on at Piccadilly (Big queues and the Tram is full by Market Street)

Atmosphere was good natured and came across no problems.

Considering it was mid day with the sun out on a Sunday the Metrolink coped well. a large chunk of people on my Tram where Shoppers.

On a mid-week league cup game it will run fine.

£4.90 to the stadium and back from Bury is a bargain (considering it's £10.00 to park your car at Official City Car Park)

Why Always Ste said:
Was very good (Coming from Bury)

Got on at 12:22pm - was at City Square by 1pm with a Pint in my hand ;)

Tips:

Avoid getting on at Piccadilly (Big queues and the Tram is full by Market Street)

Atmosphere was good natured and came across no problems.

Considering it was mid day with the sun out on a Sunday the Metrolink coped well. a large chunk of people on my Tram where Shoppers.

On a mid-week league cup game it will run fine.

£4.90 to the stadium and back from Bury is a bargain (considering it's £10.00 to park your car at Official City Car Park)

That difference in price will help to encourage people to use the tram, I reckon, Ste.

Also the fact that you can then have a drink as well without worrying about the consequences if you're driving.

I also think that it will take time to change people's attitude and most of those who have paid for car parking this season will obviously continue to bring their cars, at least until the end of he current campaign. However, when it comes to renewing their car parking for next season, and the higher cost compared to the tram, I would think that quite a number will decide to use the tram instead.

Bluebee2 said:
Absolute shambles heading to Droylsden. When one eventually turned up at the stadium it proceeded to under Alan Turing way where it stayed for over 15mins, total journey time Stadium to Droylsden 40mins, not again thank you..

Yeah, I was on that one. Got off at Edge Lane to continue journey by bus to either Hurst Cross or Ashton, dependent on whether 231 or 216 arrived first, but wound up waiting another half hour there - this on top of the 12+ mins waiting for a tram at the Etihad then the hold-up under Alan Turing Way. Travel time more than doubled.

The Droylsden service after the game was a joke. The tram stopped before it got to Asda And waited for all the traffic to clear. I could have walked it in the 40 mins it took.
Only plus was the fact I didn't pay going back as the guy in the ticket booth couldn't be arsed changing a tenner and just waived me on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.