Transfer Strategy

I’m not saying he isn’t happy with the squad. But you are naive to think that everything he says is true
I’m certainly too old to be naive and I definitely don’t believe everything anyone says. Don’t get me wrong I would love to see us sign a replacement for Sergio. I’m just not overly concerned that we havent. A good to have but not a necessity.

Absolutely disgraceful transfer window so far. It’s appalling that we’ve left it so late to get a striker sorted. We seem incapable of getting the big ones over the line, whether that’s because big clubs hate us that much I’m just not sure. Can’t see anything changing in the next 4/5 days but ever hopeful.

Yep totally agree mate. To not have secured a world class striker in a summer we could spend big is pure bad management from the board and forget what pep says in public, he will be well fucked off!! Plus the rags have sancho, Varane and now Ronaldo, Chelsea have Lukaku and are getting kounde and the dippers have their injured players back? Pep also mentioned you need to refresh the squad anyway so not to get stale?

We can’t say that this window has been anything but amateurish.

We have had great windows in the past but have read this one all wrong.

The biggest cock up was Kane because he was our number 1 target and we were over confident for no good reason. This one error lead to us not bidding for Messi and getting dragged into the Ronaldo mess who, it should be remembered we were offered, rather than wanted.

Messi
Ronaldo
Kane
Lukaku

Any of these would have been great choices although I personally voted no to Ronaldo due solely to his age.

The fact is we have known about the zero striker issue ever since we let Aguero go and have had time to prepare a strategy. That strategy has failed spectacularly on all fronts.

None of our rivals had as greater need than we did yet we have somehow been left with the last chicken in the shop.

Im so glad we got Grealish but he was a buy out with no negotiation required.

It seems that when we really have to go all out for a Superstar we are still trying to penny pinch. The reasons for this could be a fear of how we are perceived by others or a desire to not be taken to the cleaners. However there seems a lack of decisiveness at crucial times that our rivals can capitalise on.

Im hoping we have something up our sleeves before Tuesday but it doesn’t look like it. I don’t want a panic buy but we should be ready for all eventualities and we don’t look like we have much of a plan this window.

Really Pep must be livid with this show despite how happy he says he is through clenched teeth.

Out of these 4, realistically who could we get?

Messi - Pep will have spoken to him I'm sure - but did Messi ever really fancy us, particularly over PSG?
Ronaldo - We appeared to be his 1st choice, then we backed out as / when Scum came in - they are ow offering him the best part of £500K a week.
Kane - A mess really. Tried to sign a player who was never for sale? - I don't know but I think if we offered £150M up front, Levy would have said its £170M - its like trying to nail blancmange to a ceiling when dealing with Levy even more so when its their talisman.
Lukaku - Went back to Chelsea and London, again would he have chosen us over them - very much doubt it.

Throw in Mbappe who wants Real Madrid only.

Haaland - price this year is astronomical and he will wait to see what offers come in next year as there will be plenty when his but out clause kicks in.

Its difficult. But Pep can make a good player a great player so perhaps we do have to take a punt on someone like Dusan Vlahovic ??

Absolutely disgraceful transfer window so far. It’s appalling that we’ve left it so late to get a striker sorted. We seem incapable of getting the big ones over the line, whether that’s because big clubs hate us that much I’m just not sure. Can’t see anything changing in the next 4/5 days but ever hopeful.
Given what Khaldoon said, that’s a tad strong. Half arsed, perhaps?

I’m certainly too old to be naive and I definitely don’t believe everything anyone says. Don’t get me wrong I would love to see us sign a replacement for Sergio. I’m just not overly concerned that we havent. A good to have but not a necessity.
I think many people on here are confusing a missed opportunity with concern. Am I concerned that we will not be able to compete for every trophy? No.

but it is definitely a missed opportunity to not add Ronaldo or another top class striker to an already amazing group of players that is missing a striker to make us the best team in all of europe

It is what it is blues.

Now the dust settled it’s a big gamble paying so much money for a 36 year old. Let Utd waste their cash on wages.

we have Grealish which is a great signing & pep is still here.

still good times blues

We don’t sign 30ish players short term, let the rags buy them and offer stupid wages they will never learn. They have history for that, a cheeky bid for Greenwood will do.

Khaldoon needs to think very seriously about replacing a number of the senior management and recruitment staff beneath him. This isn’t a one-off. There is a pattern of failing to secure important targets. Their job is to ensure we go into the season prepared and able to challenge on all fronts. I can’t imagine how negative the feeling is in the camp right now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.