Transfer Strategy

We've signed a top quality player, spent a £100m to do so and this transfer window still feels a let down. Feel like I've turned into everything I've ever hated. We really have been spoiled these last 13 years.

It’s a good job no one came in for grealish because he wouldn’t have fond to us either . Don’t know what it is but our bollox seem to go when the going gets tough and I think pep saying he is going at his moment in time is no coincidence. So in theory we had £50 million to spend in this market after sales which is laughable considering we are owned by the richest owners in football and even our chairman gave the pre season speech about replacing kun which has amounted to fuck all and anyone thinking we are gonna get haaland next season are kidding themselves because we will pull out of that race aswell .

Khaldoon needs to think very seriously about replacing a number of the senior management and recruitment staff beneath him. This isn’t a one-off. There is a pattern of failing to secure important targets. Their job is to ensure we go into the season prepared and able to challenge on all fronts. I can’t imagine how negative the feeling is in the camp right now.
Muppet. We’re winning loads at the moment. I guarantee the squad are fucking gunning for more of the same. Put your Fanny away and man up

Given what Khaldoon said, that’s a tad strong. Half arsed, perhaps?
Woeful is probably correct word.

I‘m not that bothered, it’s only football, but I’d be astonished if we win the league this season. To have all our eggs in the stupid Kane basket was lunacy, then a last minute attempt for Ronaldo, with no proper Plan B. Crazy.

Not a prayer we will get Haaland when he’s available, as we’ve proved we just won’t get stuck in. As I say, I do actually reckon we are hated that much that teams constantly try to fuck us.

What now for striker?

‘Now is not the time to be content...Now is the time to bring talent that will compete with the starting eleven….We lose Sergio Aguero, but I am confident we will find the right person to fill those shoes…There are other areas within the team that need investment…We will bring quality into the squad in a couple of key positions…’

Khaldoon set out the stall in his interviews, and ‘so, so happy with the squad’ doesn’t convince me, no matter if Pep adds ‘believe me!’ :-)
After the ESL fiasco including a Joel fucking Glazer statement on our website, and then that end of season interview which for now at least appears to have been filled with hollow and empty promises, you have to admit that Khaldoon has not covered himself in glory in recent months

Shit show from start to finish. And forget talk of Haaland there’s no chance our incompetent lot will pull off a deal of that magnitude, with or without a release clause.

We've signed a top quality player, spent a £100m to do so and this transfer window still feels a let down. Feel like I've turned into everything I've ever hated. We really have been spoiled these last 13 years.
Not really.
All we asked for was a striker, not Grealish, not Kane, not even Haaland, just a simple 40 mil striker (Daka for example) and this window would've been ok for me.

Absolutely disgraceful transfer window so far. It’s appalling that we’ve left it so late to get a striker sorted. We seem incapable of getting the big ones over the line, whether that’s because big clubs hate us that much I’m just not sure. Can’t see anything changing in the next 4/5 days but ever hopeful.
I thought with the early announcement of Aguero's departure that City had pretty much wrapped up a replacement. Never thought we'd be a few days away from the window shutting and we'd have had this kind of summer with all the bullshit with Kane and now Ronaldo.

Khaldoon needs to think very seriously about replacing a number of the senior management and recruitment staff beneath him. This isn’t a one-off. There is a pattern of failing to secure important targets. Their job is to ensure we go into the season prepared and able to challenge on all fronts. I can’t imagine how negative the feeling is in the camp right now.
Maybe this is it.

The Sheikh has got bored :(

Good whilst it lasted.

This Ronaldo transfer has obviously been staged as a PR coup by United and the player for a while.
City have had their pants pulled down and are getting torn into all over the media currently. Coupled with the Kane debacle, it should mean heads roll.
All we’ve done is Overpaid for a brummie piss head who was lighting up the second tier not so long ago. He’s got nice hair though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.